Career Opportunity: Lab Technician I Req. #5455
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for a Lab Technician I in Morris, IL.
Performs QC technician functions, designed for different manufacturing units to make process changes by using standard analytical methodology, to quantify the quality of the products produced in the units. Analyzes test data to support production activities.
- Performs routine quantitative and qualitative analysis to determine chemical and physical properties of Nouryon products and other related raw materials
- Familiar and utilize various chemical analytical (wet analysis) techniques and instrumental techniques (GC, HPLC, FTIR, etc.)
- Performs standard procedures to calibrate instruments, standardize titrants, and make reagents/indicators
- Records and distribute data to various areas as specified by procedure, as applicable.
- Performs non-routine analyses
- Troubleshoot analytical instruments
- Troubleshoot GC instruments with under the guidance of instrument chemist
- Keen knowledge of the general production process flow
- Reviews typical analysis of products, using SAP
- Monitors chemical inventory and supplies
- Other duties, assigned
- BS Degree in Chemistry or equivalent college level education
- Strong knowledge and proficient in using the QM module in SAP
- Strong computer knowledge, especially in Excel with a strong emphasis on generating charts to show analytical trending
- Ability to work well with teams
- Strong work ethic with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and use time effectively to accomplish multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status*