Location: Pasadena, TX
The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature-controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides, as well as toll produces optical monomers.
The primary purpose of this position is to deliver products to the customer safely and in a timely manner.
- Deliver Nouryon product to customer sites in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure paperwork is accurate and in order.
- Maintain compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Maintain road equipment in good working order. Report any items needing repair/attention promptly and follow up to make sure repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Report any information from customer’s that might be helpful in the servicing of that customer.
Health, Safety, Security and Environment Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand and help implement the Pasadena Functional Chemicals Site Operating Policy and Objectives which includes MTQ and ISO/RC 14001.
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security, and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the actions required should an issue occur.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Pasadena Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to your area of responsibility.
- Participate in the site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
- Minimum GED, prefer High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years truck driving (trailer and tank cars) experience
- CDL license
- Experience driving in cold environments
- HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsement
- Experience with refrigerated trailers
- Good Analytical skills
- Able to read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to wear FRC’s, steel toed boots, safety glasses, and hard hat
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Maneuver 2k pallet jack inside of a trailer