1. Purpose/Key Objectives of the Job
The Treasury Analyst works in a small team and reports to the Head of Treasury Asia, who reports to the Director Business Treasury. The Treasury Analyst acts as business partner for the businesses operating in Asia. This role is key in translating the global treasury agenda to the business.
Key objectives of this role are to manage the delivery of all treasury processes for the region
• Business partnering: train, educate and create awareness with stakeholders to secure compliance, standardization and continuous improvement for all treasury processes and support the business partners in performance improvement projects.
• Active bank and stakeholder relationship management: Build and maintain good relationship with key bank partners for the region, internal alignment within Treasury (Financial Market, Operation, Accounting & Control, Insurance, other hubs) and with business, RAC, Tax, Legal.
• Day-to-day Operation: Manage regional liquidity structure, optimize cash position at region/country/entity level; Payment Factory and In-house Bank daily operation; Liaise with internal stakeholders (RAC, controllers, NL Operation team, Front Office, IT) and external partners (banks, authorities, auditors)
• Deliver optimal treasury processes and expertise to the business in terms of risk management, cash management, trade finance and bank account management.
• Corporate Finance activities ensuring optimal funding of the legal entities in the region and repatriation of cash to the center.
• Insurance & Projects support: Support local business in insurance related agenda and ad-hoc projects including restructuring and M&A; Support regional implementation of Treasury global projects
• Governance: Maintain and further improve Treasury governance.
Complexity in this role comes from sustaining a balance between global efficiencies based on standardization, rules and processes on the one hand and local effectiveness working in various countries with different local regulations, banks, financial markets, state of technology and cultures. Further complexity stems from the variety of entities being wholly owned, joint ventures, partnerships or sometimes separately listed. To effectively drive the treasury agenda, the job holder has to liaise with many stakeholders.
• Establish oneself as treasury focal point for the businesses based in the region, country organization, functions (Control, Accounting, Legal, Tax, Audit, HR), banks, insurance companies and brokers, shared service centers, software vendors and local regulators.
• Ensure effective review of investment & business proposals and sign-off on Treasury input.
• Support the organization in change management processes and projects to achieve the Finance targets
• Deploy and embed new rules, manuals, guidelines and processes. Train, educate and create awareness with the business to secure compliance, standardization and continuous improvement for all processes.
• Active relationship management
Build a strong and trusted relationship with the relationship banks, service providers, local regulators and peers.
Deliver optimal treasury processes and expertise to the business
- Trade Finance; provide guidance and infrastructure to execute trade finance products, e.g. letters of credit, bank guarantees.
- Bank Management; engage with banks to ensure sustainable relations that maximize (credit) support at minimum costs with excellent service levels.
Optimal funding of the legal entities in the region
- Lead the preparation of inter-company funding plans per entity / country in consultation with tax, legal, accounting and control.
- Drive cash visibility in the region and maintain optimal cash balances at legal entity level through liquidity planning in close cooperation with the business.
- Initiate repatriation of cash to the center by way of dividends.
- Cooperate with Tax and Legal for effective structuring and tax optimization.
M&A transactions, large capex and pre-deal/post deal restructuring
- Support special transactions with deal structuring, valuation and funding.
- Provides risk management and due diligence expertise during M&A and contract activities.
- Support treasury disentanglement / integration, including financial exposures.
- Provide support on insurance to local sites covering both global and local programs.
- Coordinate with global insurance manager and local brokers in handle insurance premium, invoice, claim reporting and settlement process
- Deploy group treasury policies; i.e. directives, rules, guidelines and procedures.
- Build treasury knowledge and awareness in the region; e.g. via participation in the Finance Academy, presentations and training programs.
- Procure adherence via engagement and controlling measures like In-Control and audit reviews. Advice on and process requests for policy exceptions.
- Negotiating facility agreements with banks.
- Intergroup financial arrangements for all relevant legal entities in the region.
- Decide on business processes involving banks; e.g. open/close bank accounts, authorize banks to make trade finance products and cash management services available to the business.
Skills and experience
• Social and communication skills and intellect to keep abreast with all functional matters and how they interlink
• University degree supplemented with qualifications in finance or treasury management.
• An in depth knowledge of, and a proven track record of success in, treasury management functions in a comparable high profile organization, preferably 5-7 years Treasury experience.
• A proven track record of undertaking financial analysis, complex (risk) modelling and providing financial advice to people in senior management roles.
• A deep knowledge of international cash management processes, trade finance, risk management and corporate finance / tax planning.
• Proven project management skills
• Experience in working with SAP and Treasury management systems
• Strong collaborative team player with a service oriented mind-set to support colleagues and engage a team of professionals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a disciplined fashion, in line with policies and procedures (disciplined, methodological and structured).
• Able to mobilize diverse teams, innovate through design and think lateral.
• Personal integrity and ambassador of the company values.