1. Job purpose
Support business goals by proactively providing regulatory advice and information on substance and product level to ensure product regulatory compliance with relevant chemical regulations in Asian countries for the assigned business lines.
Proactively monitor regulatory developments and trends and communicate business impact to the business lines. Represents where relevant Nouryon in industry associations and maintains relationships with regulatory authorities.
Country expertise leader for Korea
2. Key Accountabilities
1) Ensure Regional product compliance
- Responsible for contributing to regional compliance in the region and providing timely communication to business and impact analysis of new and draft regulations
- Provide regulatory expertise and REACH-like registrations support for Korea markets (KREACH)
- Perform application registrations (e.g. KBPR, new cosmetic material, feed and pharma etc.) in Korea
- Support business goals by providing regulatory advice and information on substance and product level proactively to business and R&D.
- Develop product regulatory information in files or in databases.
2) Proactive monitoring of Chemical Regulation developments/trends
- Monitor and interpret (existing and developing) chemical regulations and assess impact on business in order to provide advice in a proactive and timely manner and facilitate substance registrations with outsourced partner.
- Proactively monitor other relevant regulatory developments/trends and communicate their implications and evaluate business impact for Nouryon.
3) Strategic customer support
- Support business by responding to strategic customer’s enquires related to regulatory information (not already provided in SDS/PRID/other statements).
- Develop and maintain regulatory statements.
4) R&D support
- Responsible for performing regulatory review on a regional level and providing regulatory documentation to support business needs.
- Regulatory advice for the development and launches of new offerings into the regional market.
- Prepare all necessary PSRA information/documentation for the launch of a new or changed product or import of new product to the region and sign off in Product introduction systems (MLM)
- Participate in complex projects within the PSRA area, like global launching of new product.
- Responsible for following the Nouryon Business Principles and Code of Conduct with an obligation to report deviations in legal compliance to responsible manager.
- Strives to identify improvements and implement them.
- Responsible for setting up harmonized processes within own area of responsibility in Nouryon concerning business processes and change management
- Obligation to maintain / archive product data, documents, decisions and assessments in accordance to legislation and other internal requirements
- Develop a strong working relationship with business.
- Develop a strong working relationship with global team members, driving success with personal development, and strong understanding of how to win together.
- Manage medium and high complexity projects related to regulatory compliance
- MSc + 4 years of experience or BSc + 10 years.
- Good knowledge of chemical regulations, hazard communication and product stewardship
- Experience and ability in reading, interpreting and analyzing regulatory text and communicating it effectively to non-regulatory experts
- Good skills in Microsoft Office Applications and in SAP/EHS.
- Ability to build up a network being service oriented, organized, flexible and reliable
- Excellent communication skills and very good in English
- Excellent time-management and organization skills
- Acts pro-actively with integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work with and in ambiguous environments, be able to adapt and be flexible in often stressful situations
- Knowledge of Nouryon’s product portfolio