Do you understand the importance of toxicological expertise in product safety and regulatory compliance work related to substance registrations? Do you have proven experience in hazard and risk assessments for regulatory purposes? Do you have a solid working knowledge of human exposure models? And do you have excellent analytical skills with a drive to be a ‘source of information’ for other team members? If so, then we have a challenging opportunity for you!
Toxicologist, Senior or Medior
Fulltime, Arnhem (2022), next Deventer or Amersfoort (The Netherlands)
Annual salary: EUR 65.000 - 100.000 for a medior and max. EUR. 118.000 for a senior, before tax, including vacation allowance, excluding bonus.
Your challenge as a Toxicologist
As a Toxicologist you will be responsible for commissioning, monitoring and validating studies to be used for hazard assessments / act as Study Monitor for guideline studies in GLP compliant research laboratories. Furthermore you (are):
• Able to compile scientifically based (cost-effective) testing strategies, present and defend them in front of authorities and regulatory bodies
• Responsible for independently carrying out human health exposure and risk assessments
• Advise on the safe handling of toxic substances, in production, transport, storage and use or in the event of an accident
• Advise on the toxicological profile of a substance or product to RD&I and business
• Support the business for all human health aspects in the preparation of regulatory dossiers
• Critically analyzing, contributing to and writing reports and scientific papers
• Contribute to the longer-term product safety strategies by monitoring regional key issues of interest to the company
• Represent the company in industry associations regarding toxicological issues that impact our products as well as in interactions with customers
We are a global specialty chemicals leader offering essential solutions for a sustainable future.
Our sustainability approach and metrics ‘Commitment to a Sustainable Future’ is based on three pillars:
IMPROVE: Further improving our environmental footprint and safety performance
GROW: Growing sales of our portfolio of sustainable solutions, enabling our customers to become more sustainable
ENGAGE: with our people, communities and society to drive progress together
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Our approximately 7,800 employees worldwide help to provide essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. We forge and foster long-term customer partnerships.
Have you got what it takes?
To be successful in this position, we believe that it is a must to have an Academic background (MSc or PhD) in toxicology. Furthermore, you have:
• At least 10 years working experience in the chemical industry in regulatory toxicology
• Experience in monitoring toxicity studies including higher tier testing
• Have a wide regulatory, industrial and academic network
• Registered or applying for ERT (European Registered Toxicologist) is a plus
• Good Project Management skills are a plus
• Business and solution-oriented mindset (able to think ‘beyond the protocol’ in problem solving)
• Excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Experience with IUCLID database a plus
• QSAR experience a plus
• Able to network and cooperate with people inside and outside the company
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
• A permanent contract
• A gross annual salary including holiday allowance, based upon the experience, skills and competencies you bring, between EUR 65.000 and 118.000
• Between 30 (Senior) and 35 (Medior) holidays, possibility to ‘buy’ extra days
• An attractive bonus scheme
• An excellent pension plan
• The option to participate in a collective health insurance
• Training opportunities
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as a Toxicologist?
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page. Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out to Paul Meester, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.