Do you want to be part of making everyday life easier for people around the world? Without seeing it, you meet us every day in your everyday life. We are in your soles, in your mobile and in the newspaper you read. With a common commitment to innovation, sustainability and safety, our employees work daily for a sustainable future.
We are now looking for a Development Engineer to join our team, R&D Process & Analysis group. In this position you would be a part of developing Expancel´s future portfolio. This is an excellent opportunity to grow as an engineer whilst contributing to the growth of Expancel and Nouryon.
In your future role as Development Engineer you will
- Lead assignments and/or participate in assignments/projects and ensure execution and delivery of technical results
- Have responsibility to support product development tasks in implementation stages and analytical development and customer evaluation
- Maintain, improve and develop new relevant research methods in the field, ensure retention of knowledge through research reports
- Formulate and present solution directions and issues advice at request or at own initiative
- Perform analysis/experimental work with accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility
- Identify issues and root causes and work with continuous improvements according to the procedures for the laboratory
- Contribute to and support explorative work and product development of new and current chemistry platforms
- Responsibility to follow the HSE-legislations and HSE site rules in order to contribute to a safe workplace and environment, thus work according to Swedish legislation and Nouryon standards.
We believe you bring
- University degree in Chemistry / Chemical Technology or relevant working experience
- Good understanding in analytical chemistry and analytical instrumentations
- Experience in method development and validation, laboratory work, analytical chemistry
- Good communication abilities in English and Swedish – orally and in writing
- Good knowledge about the plant product chemistry and its sustainability issues
- Good knowledge regarding chemicals substances, HSE regulations and procedures.
We believe you are...
Someone who sets high goals for yourself and works hard and ambitiously to reach these goals, does what
it takes for a good result and take responsibility for your task. It’s important that you are able to structure your own approach and drive its processes further. You work according to a clear process, organize and plan your work well, complete what has been started and meet deadlines. You also take active initiative in social contexts, step forward and find it easy to create new relationships, as well as being meticulous and aware of goals and quality standard and attaches importance to living up to these.
We offer you
A place with endless opportunities. You will be joining a global and fast-growing company with development possibilities not only within the department, but also within different areas. The team consists of very competent people with different background and experiences, whom are all engaging and forward thinking. You will be a part of various projects, and also have the possibility to drive your own.
At Nouryon, we not only offer an exciting role and nice colleagues, but also benefits in addition to your salary. Nouryon has a collective agreement with IKEM, but in addition to that, we also offer unilateral benefits such as bonus, reduced working hours, health care allowance, lunch allowance and much more.
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
Good to know
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to Manager Process & Analysis R&D and based in Stockvik.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume. We care for your personal data (GDPR) hence we do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
We look forward to receive your application! Once it's with us we will review to see if we have a match between your skills and the role! We aim to get back to you at the soonest but latest after application closing date, with an update on the process.
Nouryon is a global, specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of more than 7,650 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands. Visit our website and follow us @Nouryon and on LinkedIn.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact hiring manager Carina Eriksson, Manager Process & Analysis R&D, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process or your application or need assistance, please contact: Recruiting.SE@Nouryon.com
For unions related questions please contact:
Ledarna: Jenny Ersson +46 70 344 02 80
Sveriges Ingenjörer: Ted Svensson +46 72-217 55 84
Unionen: Mattias Andersson +46 70 428 41 03
IF Metall: Rolf Eriksson +46 70 564 38 38 or Benny Sundeborn +46 70 272 04 64
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.