Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
The Chemical Processor performs various tasks as directed by the Production Supervisor or the First Class Operator to assist in plant operations.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Cleans various areas of the plant as directed by the Production Supervisor.
- Maintains logbook and round sheets to inform supervision on all routine and non-routine communications for safe and efficient operations.
- Trains as relief operator and relieves Second Class Operator when directed by Production supervisor.
- Completes necessary process control sampling and analysis.
- Follows all safety rules, procedures, and practices for safety of other Operators, maintenance personnel, and contractors.
- Assists with handling of raw materials and water treatment chemicals.
- Responsible for storing of product samples.
- Responsible for raw materials receipt, inventory and security
- Observes site for potential intruders, trespassers, or other non-authorized persons; reporting suspicious items, persons or activities.
High school degree; 2 year Technical degree preferred
- Plant operations preferred
- Fork Truck
- basic PC use
May require individual to comply with Nouryon RBPS 12 Corporate CFATS Personnel Surety Compliance Policy for Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards, depending on the work area or activities within the plant.