Continuous Improvement Manager
Our Le Moyne site is looking for a visionary and results-driven Continuous Improvement Manager with strong leadership skills.
- Manage the continuous improvement program at the site
- Manage continuous improvement projects at both the expense and capital level
- Train and coach site management and staff in leading and implementing change
- Conduct shop-floor activity analyses, interviews, data gathering, and analysis and compile into improvement opportunities and impact
- Support the site in action planning and implementation
- Drive site-wide transformation
- Train operators and managers in tools and standards
- Support the site leadership in improvement project idea generation, project chartering, action planning and implementation
- Lead Black Belt improvement projects at the site for 30% of the time
- Coordinate the site Black and Green Belt improvement projects, ensure the tracking of benefits of local projects and that projects are driven to completion and/or closure.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (operations, production, maintenance, logistics, (process) engineering, continuous improvement, etc.)
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree (degree related to technical fields most applicable).
- 2+ years of chemical plant experience
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills, able to identify and structure issues, run accurate (also statistical) analyses and synthesize recommendations
- Experience in continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Lean Six Sigma, TPM
- Green belt certification required.
- Black Belt certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- Prior line management or team leader experience; knows how to use the skills and knowledge of the team to design and implement solutions
- Delta V or Process automation is an advantage.
- Must have an understanding of engineering economics (i.e time value of money, sunk costs, incremental costs, return on investment, etc.)
Other attributes we look for
- Visionary, able to design appealing visions of the future/thinking out of the box
- Risk-friendly, able to take a decision quickly without mastering all parameters
- Good with people, able to listen, manager conflicts to positive outcomes
- Able to lead workshops and working groups
- Good communication skills, from plant manager to line operator
- Good team player, knows how to build his/her own network
- Doing preferably today what could be done tomorrow
- Able to work appropriately for long days, turnaround events
- Focused on results but knows to use the skills and knowledge of the team to design and implement solutions
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to identify and structure issues, run accurate analyses, and synthesize recommendations
- Taking information from real-life observations, willing to spend time on the shop floor
- Well-respected, demonstrates sound judgment under pressure. Able to support and coach colleagues
- To develop professionally and obtain results through teamwork
- Strong desire to improve the existing status
- Build capabilities to grow into more senior management positions at manufacturing sites, or member of ESD core team. This role will strongly develop change leadership and manufacturing excellence skills