Purpose of the Job
This Maintenance Specialist is responsible for the management of the facility that includes:
- the building management system (BMS)
- maintenance of the facility and lab equipment to support continuous research by lab personnel to deliver on customer projects
- supervision of contractors
- ensuring proper planning and execution of maintenance work through analyzing reliable data on equipment operation to reduce downtime of lab and site operations
- Support the Health, Safety, Environmental and Security processes and programs of the site.
- Responsible for supervision of contractors including evaluating contractor performance and safety records, providing safety orientation and issuance of permit to work
- Ensure that maintenance work is properly planned and executed including:
- work is performed according to the plan
- follow the maintenance schedule
- after work is completed, documentation of activities and communication of issues and improvement opportunities are communicated in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the operation of the Building Management System and associated equipment
- Assist in the coordination of facility maintenance related activities for the Office Services Assistant employee.
- Direct Office Services Assistant employee as needed to meet facility priorities for the site
- Work with site customers to meet maintenance needs in a timely fashion
- Provide input and feedback to facilitate work activities and improvements.
- Ensure that work activities are planned and executed safely, meeting regulatory and company requirements.
- Review the quality and effectiveness of maintenance and contracted work through field observations and follow up.
- Ensure work orders properly capture the costs associated with the job including materials, supplies and contractor and Office Services Assistant employee labor hours.
- Ensure Office Services Assistant employee and contractors understand the daily work expectations including the weekly maintenance schedule.
- Respond and maintain site safety and operations during emergencies (weather, power outages, etc.) that may include hours outside of normal business hours
This role is critical in maintaining the operation of the facility and lab equipment to provide a safe working environment of lab personnel and site occupants and ensure the delivery of customer projects.
- 3-5 years of experience with computerized maintenance systems, specifically BMS preferred
- Experience managing facility contractors
- Knowledge/Experience of operation and maintenance of plant utilities (i.e. steam, compressed air, cooling towers, chillers, HVAC, etc.)
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Facilities Management experience (utilities, service contractors, general facilities upkeep)
- Knowledge of GMP standards a plus.
- Experience in creating maintenance operational procedures a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be hands-on.
- Participate in HSES activities directed by management/supervision or as indicated in the HSES Annual Site Plan.
- Candidate must be able to work outside normal business hours as needed during emergencies and/or contractor management.
- High school diploma with additional technical school training. BS degree preferred.