This Scientist position is for a Chromatography specialist within the Analysis America group at the Bridgewater, New Jersey, Performance Formulations Business Unit Innovation Laboratory of Nouryon. The Analysis Americas group provides expertise in support of new Product Development, Regulatory, Product Applications, and Manufacturing. Our goal is to provide the best information within a short time to our customers in response to their characterization needs. The team operates regionally supporting all aspects of the business. Chromatography instrumentation includes multiple GC, GC-MS, multiple LC, LC-MS (Q-TOF), GPC(SEC) with RI and MALS detection.
- Provide insightful, prompt analysis of developmental and commercial products.
- Provide support to plant operations in resolving production upsets and providing methodology.
- Perform as a member of an extended team encompassing multiple sites and a wide array of chemical analysis needs.
- Supports the development of new products and resolving customer concerns; Interact closely with Synthesis, Product development and plant QC groups.
- Maintains a laboratory notebook, provide insightful analysis reports, prepare monthly project summaries and utilize LIMS database.
- Maintains company safety standards and lives the company values.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Chemistry with >5 years relevant industrial experience, preferably PhD in Analytical Chemistry, or a related field with >5 year of relevant industrial experience.
- Experience in Chromatography techniques and chromatographic method development using a variety of isolation/concentration/derivatization techniques.
- Experience with GC and LC Mass Spec techniques
- Experience with GPC(SEC) molecular weight determination techniques.
- Experience in the areas of organic small molecule, surfactant, and polymer analysis.
- Experience in the creation and adaptation of chromatographic methods to new products/chemistries.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient with MS Office suite and all necessary instrumentation data collection/analysis software.
- Ability to apply statistical measures to data analysis.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair instruments.
- Skills to multitask between report preparation, data reduction, sample preparation and instrumental upkeep are required.
- There is a strong preference for a practical person who is hands on in the laboratory and focused on achieving results.
- The candidate will have good interpersonal skills.
- The position will require little travel.
- Strong work ethic, good verbal and written communication skills.
- Inherent laboratory safety focus.