Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Regulatory Manager & Food Contract Expert for either Houston TX, Chicago IL or Bridgewater NJ
The Senior Regulatory Manager & Food Contract Expert Support business goals by providing product regulatory advice, substance registrations and/or emerging regulations management to RD&I and M&S organizations with an emphasis on Food Contact Notifications. Proactively monitor relevant regulatory developments/trends and communicate their implications and evaluate business impact for Nouryon
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure Regional product compliance
- Responsible for contributing to regional compliance in the region including substance registration and providing timely communication to business and impact analysis of new and draft regulation
- Provide regulatory expertise and registration support for applicable regional markets, in particular, food contact notifications, FDA and FIFRA
- Support business goals by proactively providing regulatory advice and information at substance and product level to business and RD&I.
- Monitor application specific regulatory requirements and perform registrations (eg. food contact, FDA, FIFRA
- Develop product regulatory information in files or in databases.
- Proactive monitoring of Chemical Regulation developments/trends
- Monitor and interpret (existing and developing) chemical regulations and assess impact on business in order to provide advice in a proactive and timely manner and facilitate substance registrations (PMN, TSCA, FDA) outsourced partner.
- Represent Nouryon in industry associations and consortia’s technical committees.
- Proactively monitor relevant regulatory developments/trends and communicate their implications and evaluate business impact for Nouryon businesses.
- Ensure Substance Registration
- Responsible for facilitating registration / notification processes on a regional (global) level in a timely and cost-efficient way.
- Provide strategic customer support
- Support business by responding to strategic customer’s enquires related to regulatory information; specifically, food contact, FDA, FIFRA, TSCA.
- Develop and maintain regulatory statements.
- Provide RD&I support
- Responsible for performing regulatory review on a regional level and providing regulatory documentation to support business needs.
- Regulatory advice for the development and launch of new offerings into applicable regional markets.
- Prepare all necessary PSRA information/documentation for the launch of a new or changed product or import of new product to the region and sign off in Product introduction systems
- Lead or participate in projects within the PSRA area, like global launching of new product.
- Responsible for following the Nouryon Business Principles and Code of Conduct with an obligation to report deviations in legal compliance to responsible manager.
- Strives to identify improvements and implement them.
- Responsible for (initiating and) setting up harmonized processes within own area of responsibility in Nouryon concerning business processes and change management
- Obligation to maintain / archive product data, documents, decisions and assessments in accordance to legislation and other internal requirements
- Develop a strong working relationship with business.
- Develop a strong working relationship with global team members, driving success with personal development, and strong understanding of how to win together.
Education & Experience
- Master of Science in Chemistry or Biochemistry or related field and 10 years of relevant experience
- Broad (and deep) background in chemical regulations, hazard communication and product stewardship: specifically, food contact, FDA, FIFRA, TSCA
- Has held a job as project member or led a functional project within the own unit
- Has been exposed to working and impacting globally
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good skills in Microsoft Office Applications and in SAP/EHS.
- Ability to build up a network being service oriented, organized, flexible and reliable
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Acts pro-actively with integrity
- Able to understand and interpret complex information and data and to communicate solutions to business.
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our nearly 8,000 global employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.
Nouryon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.