Career Opportunity: Global Sr. Regulatory Manager HPC (Home and Personal Care) Req. #5006
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
We have a great opportunity for a Global Sr. Regulatory Manager HPC located in Bridgewater, NJ and Houston, TX.
We are looking for a Senior Regulatory Manager/Product Steward who will act as a Global Focal Point (GFP) and interface between the Product Safety and Regulatory Affairs department and the Business Line (BL) Home and Personal Care. The GFP is supporting business growth targets by providing global and strategic product/substance regulatory advice to the Business Line VP, Marketing, Product and Sales directors and is collaborating with a team of Regional Focal Points to ensure global coverage.
The GFP is proactively summarizing relevant regulatory developments/trends, communicating their implications, and evaluating global business impact (products, priorities) for the BL.
Key Accountabilities and Tasks:
Evaluate Global Product Compliance:
- Responsible for following up BL specific compliance issues, in close alignment with PSRA management, Business Line management and Legal.
- Provide regulatory expertise and coordinate a dedicated team of regional business line focal points.
- Responsible for initiating registration / notification activities with the registration dossier managers/regional focal points and BL representatives.
Proactive Monitoring of Chemical Regulation Developments/Trends:
- Monitor and interpret relevant (existing and developing) chemical regulations and assess impact on business line to provide strategic input to the BL MT.
- Manage BL substance specific issues. Evaluate business impact and coordinate with global PSRA issue managers for bigger issues (e.g. Microplastics, Nano).
Provide Strategic Customer Support:
- Act as senior advisor in answering (complex) regulatory enquires from strategic customers and other stakeholders.
- Provide regulatory support and participate in product stewardship activities with external strategic customers.
Provide Innovation Support:
- Provide global strategic regulatory advice for the development and launch of new offerings into applicable regional markets. Coordinate with regional focal points/dossier managers.
- Provide PSRA input and advice in the innovation process for the BL.
Master of Science in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related field and > 10 years of relevant experience.
Broad background in chemical regulations, hazard communication and product stewardship.
Knowledge of products/chemistries and applications of the business line (Home Care, Cleaning and Personal Care) is desired.
Exposed to working and impacting globally, preferably in or close to a business.
Experience from interactions with senior management as member of a management team or similar.
Proven seniority in acting with other company functions or external bodies, such as authorities.
Ability to explain regulatory demands in a clear, concise manner for Non-PSRA individuals.
Able to effectively communicate to the senior-level management team.
Understand different perspectives from stakeholders, business priorities and risks.
Demonstrate proactiveness and leadership.
Reaching out to business line key people, to resolve and escalate issues and escalate when necessary.
Demonstrate a sense of urgency with a balanced message.
Take ownership of tasks to deliver and resolve issues for the benefit of the business.
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status*