Position: Section Manager R&D, Agriculture & Food
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Requirements for Job (education or experience required to be able to perform this job): PhD in chemistry / chemical technology with 7 years of experience or Master’s Degree in chemistry / chemical Technology and 10 years+ of experience
- Leadership and managerial skills and experience from the industry
- Experience from the agriculture industry or similar in the field of R&D and technology
- Experience from working cross regions
- Experience from customer collaborations and external research collaborations
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication and networking skills
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities (kindly limit to a maximum of eight)
- To lead the US Agriculture & Food R&D organization, (Agriculture Laboratory Bridgewater) in the development of new products and/or redesign of existing products/processes/services in accordance with business and customer needs.
- Providing input to the business/R&D strategy and implementing strategy in own team
- Defining and execute the R&D plan and budget for own unit
- Member of a R&D management team, agriculture & food R&D LT
- Attracting, leading, coaching, appraising and developing team members, ensuring short and long term resource planning
- Driving engagement and managing talent development and succession planning
- Driving knowledge management by keeping up with internal and external developments and ensuring development, transfer and retention of knowledge and information within the organization
- HSE: responsible for that all work at US R&D Agriculture & Food department is performed in accordance with existing laws and regulations as well as Nouryon corporate directives.
Functional Responsibilities/Network (kindly limit to a maximum of five)
- Development of employees
- Initiate projects and collaborations with customers in agreement with business
- Replacement CAPEX for lab equipment
- Customer visits, participation in conferences, University agreements
- Driving change- we are building a new agile team to support growth
- Challenge the current way of working to continuously improve
- Communicate well in a broad network including multiple functions
Job Context: (Nature & Scope of the Business)
- Nouryon provides essential agricultural ingredients for crop protection and nutrition. We offer a wide range of adjuvants and formulation aids to improve the efficacy of pesticide, fertilizer formulations, and seed treatments.
- The scope of the job involves development of products and solutions in the field of formulation aids and adjuvants
- Agrochemical formulations are often complex mixtures with multiple modes of action. For both dry and liquid formulations, it is crucial to use formulation aids that enable the development of stable and sustainable products.
- Adjuvants play an important part in improving efficiency and reducing loss of crop-protection agents in the field.
- Business line Agriculture & Food is part of BU Performance Formulations
- Our Agriculture & Food R&D laboratory is in Bridgewater, NJ and is part of Performance Formulations R&D Innovation center