The Quality Control (QC) Laboratory Technician will support all activities regarding Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) related to the Green Bay site. Carries out prescribed procedures to generate information for plant quality analysis and general lab tasks.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of safety with all applicable regulations (Nouryon and regulatory)
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement efforts including 5S activities in the laboratory
- Support and execute the site Quality Control Plan and ISO/Responsible Care
- Actively participate in Behavior-Based Safety (BBS) program
- Execute standard procedures and methods for analysis
- Perform a variety of chemical and instrumental analyses including raw material, in-process, and final product samples, environmental effluent sampling (to the extent assigned by the Quality Manager), and other specialized testing associated with the laboratory operation
- Records analysis observations and notes accurately
- Coordinate and prioritize shift workload for the lab
- Reports results back to requestors – production, logistics, environmental, management – using appropriate approved methods
- Maintains a neat, clean, and safe work area and documents results according to standards
- Maintain and improve equipment (incl corrective and preventive maintenance, calibration, replacement)
- Manage supplies (incl spare parts, reagents, standard, etc.)
- Oversee and manage retain sample storage
- Support Quality Manager in tasks as assigned
- Strive for improvements in the lab’s processes, environment, and equipment
Education & Experience
- AA/BA/BS Degree in Chemistry or related field is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Practical knowledge of all of the responsibilities above with ‘specialist level’ ability in Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and Continuous Improvement methodologies are advantageous for a QC Technician.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Advanced level computer skills (i.e. spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, SAP system) to prepare statistical reports.
- Ability to creatively solve problems while maintaining a timely and cost-effective approach.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with clear prioritization and organizational skills.
- Effective communicator with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to make decisions and take action consistent with current developments and trends
- Must be able to access all areas of site.
- Must be able to wear a necessary PPE when required (respirator, steel toed shoes, safety glasses, and hard hat).