We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Nouryon Fort Worth site is a global supplier of sodium sulfonate surfactants used predominately in the agriculture, cleaning, and construction industries. The surfactants improve the wetting, dispersant, hydrotropic and anti-caking properties to enhance the efficiency of our customers’ products. The Fort Worth team manufacturers over 80 products, in powder and liquid form, that are recognized around the world for their excellent performance, quality and consistency.
The Reliability/Project Engineer will coordinate and see to the completion of reliability improvements to equipment and the maintenance work process. Your goal is to drive reliability through engineering standards and solutions. This includes managing existing PM/PdM programs, KPI data, and the implementation of new processes and technology. You will also support capital projects within the site, from project conception and develop through project management and commissioning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuously improve Maintenance efficiency and costs through improved equipment reliability by monitoring performance and addressing failures and trending bad actors.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies to include predictive and preventive maintenance systems (vibration analysis, lubrication oil analysis, motor circuit evaluation, corrosion monitoring, thermography, equipment laser alignment, steam trap monitoring, etc.).
- Provide troubleshooting support to operating units on equipment reliability including emergency work reviews.
- Lead disciplined and systematic equipment maintenance strategy development efforts.
- Lead the monthly review of equipment “bad actors” creating action plans for increasing reliability, and monitoring performance vs. expected results of the changes from the action plans.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor on follow-up from completed work packages.
- Identify and promote skills training for departmental personnel to support the reliability strategy.
- Participate in all incident investigations as required and report all incidents within the plant’s required time frame.
- Support and lead other Engineering Projects as assigned and those resulting from reliability improvements.
- Other duties as required.
Skills, Education and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5 - 8 years of experience desired in reliability discipline
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Mini-Tab, PowerPoint
- Proficient in performing Root Cause and Problem Solving
- Proficient in analyzing data and trends
- Experienced at developing Predictive Maintenance program
- Must be able to manage time effectively
- Experience with SAP Plant Maintenance Preferred
- CMRP preferred
This position will require the person to be in a chemical plant environment and every area of the plant. The individual will be required to climb stairs and ladders, and visually be able to see data and readouts.
This position does not have any direct reports.