The Logistics Operator is responsible for material handling, receiving, and shipping at the Expancel plant in Green Bay WI. This will involve using a forklift and other equipment to load packages into trucks and unload bulk and packaged raw materials.
Our goal is to achieved zero injuries and serious incidents. We are commited to comply with all safety-related laws. We all play part in the companies overall safety performance. Therefore, all site personnel must work in a manner that protects the safety and health of themselves and their fellow workers. All personnel have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Must understand and follow all of the Life Saving Rules (LSRs).
- Participate in company supplied SHE training. Maintain knowledge of, and apply all safety rules and procedures during execution of work. This includes procedures for equipment lockout, confined space entry, working at heights, personal protective equipment, and proper implementation of other work techniques such as truck loading, etc.
- Use proper forms as required for Permit To Work, LOTOTO, Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, etc…
- Participate in and contribute to company SHE efforts by making suggestions, membership on committees, assistance in investigations, BBS observations, etc.
- Must be licensed to operate forklift & pallet jack. Aerial lift equipment requires a separate license before operation.
- Must make and label products properly and protect people from exposure to hazards by managing hazardous substance exposure.
- Must understand the site emergency response plan, and emergency call list, and can act accordingly.
All site personnel must care about conducting our business in a fair and honest way. Therefore all site personnel:
- Understand that we don’t do business in an unethical fashion; instead we will rely on the merits of our products. We aim to meet our customers needs faster, better, and more distinctively than our competitors.
- We will follow all competition laws and trade restrictions carefully.
- Must protect personal information of other employees, confidential information of the company and all Intellectual Property of the company.
- Must keep a clear line between business and personal interests and avoid any conflicts of interest.
Qualifications for an operator depend on competency level. Some qualifications are required in each category, but the basic proficiency level for those qualifications increases with each advanced level.
- Basic mathematical skills including the ability to interpret tanker calibration charts, convert of weight measurements, calculate product formulations, adjust product percent solids, etc.
- Basic literary skills including the ability to read and comprehend instructions required to perform job function, to maintain batch sheets, log books and other job function forms and reports, to understand and express information and ideas verbally.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft applications (eg. Sharepoint)
- Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal skills.
- To be self-motivated and thorough with assigned work.
- Recognize and complete tasks before they are assigned
- Be a reliable and committed employee with a valid Wisconsin Driver’s Liscense.
- Be willing to develop and support company policies, procedures and initiatives
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear; The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to use a full mask respirator
If we are to leave a healthy planet for future generations we must be more sustainable in everything we do. All site employees recognize that we all must play our part in creating an engaging workplace today and a better world tomorrow. As such, all site employees must demonstrate care about our environment, our colleagues, our business partners and the community we operate in. All site personnel must:
- Recognize human rights and treat people with respect and dignity
- Treat other employees fairly and consistently
- Reduce the environmental impact of what we do
- Address the concerns of those affected by our operation
Give back to the communities we operate in
- Must look after company property and use it appropriately. Must take care to use company assests and resources for their intended purpsoses.
- Must keep records in accordance with company policies – making sure they are accurate, complete, and up to date. Must destroy documents in accordance with the relavent retention policy.
- Must be alert for fraud in dealing with others on AkzoNobel’s behalf and report any suspicious activity.
- Must communicate in a professional way and refer any media contact to people authorized to speak on behalf of the company.
A Logistics Operator is an operator who can handle materials, load and unload materials, and ship materials. This person can also be in training to independently operate one major manufacturing process functions at the plant site, and is learning the other secondary job functions. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Licensed forklift operations
- Willing to learn secondary job fuctions around the plant.
- Understands plant layout, main processes, product names, administrative processes, product specifications, and customer needs.
- Can perform quality control including performing lab tests, documenting accurate results and generating lots.
- Capable printing and sorting shipment paperwork from MES/SAP.
- Ability to make adjustments to ensure customer needs are met.
- Can troubleshoot equipment and processes and then take appropriate actions.
- Basic user of ERP system functions (SAP) to perform role as needed.
- Capable of basic maintenance and housekeeping.
- Can receive and unload all raw materials.
- Can independently package and load all finished products.
- Able to assist in developing operating procedures.
- Capable of completing of time sheets, utilizing the P&DD system and willing to embrace any other system that is deployed to the plant site.