We have a great opportunity for a Business Process Owner - Inventory Planning position in Houston, Texas. (This role can also be filled in any of our Global Offices – Houston, Jundiai, Gothenburg, Amsterdam, or Shanghai.)
The Global Process Owner is responsible for oversight and governance of the end-to-end Inventory Planning process within the Forecast to Produce (F2P) process. The F2P Inventory Planning process includes:
- Global inventory forecasting
- Aging stock management
- Slow moving inventory management
- Excess inventory management
- Safety Stock definition and analysis
- Blocked Stock management
- Manage existing and develop new process documentation
- Quality control inventory management
- SME for inventory planning module in APS
- SME for inventory management in SAP
- Manage existing and develop new training documentation
- In addition, the position will support the rest of the BPA team on different Supply Chain projects involving Demand and Supply.
The position will work globally across functions as well as, across geographic and business boundaries and will play a key role in end-to-end process strategy, global process design, performance monitoring, technology road map and long-range plan.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Aligned with the corporate strategy and objectives the Global Process Owner – F2P - Inventory will develop and refine the for the F2P - Inventory E2E process area, aligned to overall company strategy, and enabling the enterprise to serve customers in a highly productive, reliable, compliant and competitive fashion.
Process – document both within F2P - Inventory and across other E2E processes.
People – oversee roles and accountabilities in the F2P - Inventory process regardless of their functional reporting, ensure highly accessible and effective F2P - Inventory training and development resources and processes.
Systems – determine where technology can be appropriately deployed and define the functionality to support the F2P - Inventory process.
Data – ensure definition and quality of master data used in the process.
Performance Measurement & Continuous Improvement.
- Understand the F2P - Demand current state, identify deficiencies and from that base of knowledge, prioritize needs, propose future organizational needs, and gain alignment to remediation plans with milestone timing to the Cross-Functional Board.
- Own and lead the F2P - Inventory process to drive standardization, compliance, automation, and continuous improvement.
- External benchmarking to ensure process optimization and best practices.
- Set process targets and KPIs to demonstrate performance and process alignment to business requirements.
- Ownership of the F2P - Inventory process, its documentation, and platforms to make all related information and operating discipline user friendly, easily accessible, and highly effective.
- Management of global change request approvals and transformational improvements.
- Set operating cadence and reporting with cross-functional leadership to ensure process, guidelines and policies are respected.
- Identify any material deviations from the process and work with the relevant cross-functional leadership to develop corrective action plans and enforce the process.
- Establish and govern the F2P - Inventory policies and procedures.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationship with the functional leaders as well as FTEs performing the Inventory planning process.
- Coordinate and engage with key stakeholder groups across the service centers, global and local functional teams.
- Act as a single point of contact with various stakeholders to facilitate F2P - Inventory process, identify pain points and identify new/changing business opportunities.
- Support change management and communication efforts for critical transformation projects.
Develops a culture of customer first, collaboration, innovation and risk taking, speed and flexibility.
- Governs global process and design standards; identify and escalate (if necessary) process deviations that are not driven by local, regulatory considerations.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and other regulatory and process requirements.
- Conceive and implement a self-audit process to proactively identify improvement opportunities which improve process value, increase compliance, and reduce costs.
- Establish a robust feedback, corrective actions, and communications process.
- Lead the challenge of internal thinking with a view towards ensuring continuous improvement of the F2P Inventory process and its implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Statistics, or related field.
- 10+ years in Supply Chain (preferably planning and/or scheduling)
- Experienced in managing Supply Chain organization including Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) or Integrated Business Planning (IBP).
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Preferred: MBA, and/or Bachelor of Business Administration.
- Preferred experience in Chemicals or Oil and Gas.
- Preferred: APICS/ASCM Certified as CPIM or CSCP.
- Excellent team builder and talent developer.
- Leadership presence, excellent influencing skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization both orally and in written communication.
- Global business and cross functional leadership and change management experience
- Strong customer focused mindset and ability to drive excellence both for internal business partners and external customers
- A self-starter with the ability to think, act/execute on a strategic level combined with the ability to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details
- Strong business process improvement orientation
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience with key analytic applications (e.g. Excel, Access, PowerBi) and core business applications (e.g. SAP, Arkieva APO, etc.)
- Functional knowledge of Supply Chain and Operational Processes.
- Posse managerial skills with people, projects, and workflow.