We are pleased to be able to offer the exciting vacancy of Detail Planner for the Solution and Biopolymers product line within the Performance Formulations division, in Houston, TX.
This newly-created role will have the crucial responsibility of supporting the Supply Manager to execute the supply and demand balance over the 0-3 month planning horizon.
The objective is to ensure clarity on the supply plan to each of the regions/plants/sales manager and achieve optimum product availability of finished goods and raw materials, maximize asset utilization and supply chain efficiencies.
- Execute a time-phased supply schedule to fulfill business requirements in the short-term and partner with the supply planner to address plant/product line constraints
- Communicate and implement tactical plans across the assigned plants to execute the supply strategy
- Maintain a strong relationship with the production facility to ensure conformance to schedule
- Supports collaboration with customer service, manufacturing, logistics and 3rd party service providers to meet business obligations in the case of unplanned events
- Supports global supply chain initiatives by interfacing with other supply chain personnel in the business and shared services
- Strong SAP knowledge is required to:
- Follow best practices, procedures and governance over master data
- Enter and maintain intercompany orders to support the supply chain globally
- Maintain and/or coordinate maintenance of planning parameters in accordance with master data governance
- Maintain master data to support:
- The execution of the most effective global sourcing plan
- Safety stock targets and production lead times
- New product introductions/discontinuation
- Visibility to product availability
- Supports preparation of the Supply Review by running and reviewing appropriate reports/KPI’s and dashboards to ensure an effective execution of the IBP process.
- Routinely check and track inventory quality, i.e. slow moving or blocked stock and ensure the quantity is sufficient to meet the plan
- Assess short-term feasibility requests with support of Supply Manager
- Maintain strong relationship with Demand and Supply Managers to fully integrate with Finance and Accounting
- Execute external manufacturing agreements
- Support continuous improvement by periodically reviewing and providing recommendations to enhance the supply distribution network.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related discipline.
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience in supply chain preferred
- APICS CPIM is preferred
- Strong knowledge of SAP and Excel
- Excellent analytical skills/problem solving skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Fluent in written and spoken English.