Nouryon has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team in Houston as our Solution Architect - MES. In this role, you will be responsible for the solution architecture activities for the central MES landscape and template of Nouryon and responsible for designs and design decisions in the area’s assigned project requests, projects, and change requests, or any other initiative affecting the area’s IT setup and related processes. Typical deliverables include solution designs, clear recommendations/proposals, and cost estimations for changes and projects in the MES landscape, for which approval is to be gathered at responsible process owners and applicable budget holders.
If you’re interested in a highly visible role with a fast-growing, dynamic organization, committed to developing essential solutions for a sustainable future, we urge you to read below to learn more about how you can make an immediate impact with Nouryon!
- You will translate business requirements into solutions and/or solution directions in the area of manufacturing execution and related areas (maintenance, scheduling, logistics, inventory management, quality management)
- You’ll ensure quality and consistency with MES template design for deployments – check of designs and build
- You will support business information managers in writing project charters and translation into detailed requirements – in line with the used information management project methodology
- You’ll define, agree, and communicate the roadmap for the applications in scope
- You’ll review impact assessment proposes solution directions and estimates efforts for change requests with business process owners and stakeholders.
- You will participate in multiple information management projects and performs hands-on project activities or change requests if opportunity or need arises
- You’ll keep information management design and process documentation and configuration management database (CMDB) up to date for the business processes and applications in scope
- You will support the testing and training activities for change requests (CR) and in projects
- You’ll contribute to and initiates continuous improvement activities
Education and Experience
- Master/bachelor’s degree in business management, process engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study
- Background: IT consulting, IT architect, or business role with strong IT affinity and/or manufacturing experience (e.g., Production Supervisor, Process engineer, Process Excellence or Site management)
- At least 3 years of experience providing design and configuration of computer system solutions in support of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), preferably GE Proficy, with integration to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Quality Systems
- Experience and knowledge of business process modeling and application architecture design (logical and physical) – frameworks (TOGAF), tools, technologies, methodologies
- Preferred, but not required:
- experience with SAP ERP and integration between SAP and Manufacturing Execution Systems
- experience with integration of the Manufacturing Execution layer with Historian and lower-level ICS systems (DCA, SCADA, PLC)
- knowledge of/experience with Emerson Delta V, MS PowerBI, MS PowerApps, Trend Miner, Rob-Ex production scheduling are considered positives
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good communicator and influencer: the ability to influence internal and external parties and communicate clearly at different levels.
- Comfort working in a global environment and familiar with regional specifics
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills to identify opportunities and solutions
- Broad knowledge and experience of architecture, technology platforms, and business domains with relevant experience in the ISC functional domain (Expertise area: Manufacturing Execution)
- Proposed solutions or directions using knowledge, experience, and analysis of available information
- Ability to remain neutral toward technology, vendor, and product choices, as well as to be more interested in results than in personal preferences
- Knowledge of/experience with Advanced Process Control, Asset Utilization Management, Process Efficiency Management, and Operations Asset Management processes and IT tooling
- The following are a plus (but not required):
- Knowledge related to Manufacturing Execution processes, especially planning, scheduling, quality management and logistics processes, inventory management
- Software engineering skills like scripting/programming, databases, SQL, web services
*This position must sit in our Houston, TX office. No remote/hybrid work schedule is available.*