The International Logistics Specialist will support the US International team to facilitate international booking planning and coordination. The Export Specialist will work with Freight Forwarders and Carriers to prevent export delays as well as having the opportunity to make an impact on harmonization of processes and procedures. This position will play a critical role in day-to-day shipment/transportation activities, communications, and document management including providing the business with strategic guidance on import/export country specific requirements.
- Coordinate US based international shipping process, ensuring compliance with Nouryon policies and procedures and ultimately ensure that the trade compliance program for the company is supported.
- Create and manage 10-20 bookings on a daily basis within the TMS that is fully integrated with SAP.
- Work with Forwarders to resolve data and document errors to facilitate correct and timely final document delivery.
- Maintain constant communication with internal business partners, custom broker, truckers, terminals and ensure timely delivery.
- Determine appropriate international and/or domestic shipping and labeling requirements, which may include hazardous labels, certificate of analysis, safety data sheets (SDS) and the like.
- Collaborate with global partners to ensure compliance local regulations affecting international logistics.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of export regulations and required shipping documentation.
- Ensure that the organization has appropriate supporting documentation and consistent compliance with applicable regional regulations and record keeping requirements.
- Review, correct, and approve Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, Certificates of Origin, and Letter of Credit conditions.
- Maintain data for metrics and analytics.
- Provide daily import/export operational guidance to business units and service providers, including brokers and transportation companies
- Proactively identify customs compliance gaps, escalate issues, and contribute to the process of establishing key controls.
- Partner with corporate functions such as Legal, Finance, and Operations at all Nouryon sites.
- Identify and execute optimum logistical processes to insure cost effective delivery of shipments.
- Perform other duties assigned as needed.
- 3+ years of experience working in and establishing import/export booking and compliance document review with international responsibilities
- Experience in working independently in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Experience managing and working with Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Possess multicultural awareness and business maturity
- Good communication and organization skills and a strong attention to detail are required
- SAP and TMS order to invoice experience strongly preferred
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus.