Nouryon - has an outstanding opportunity for an Operational Excellence Manager in Houston, Texas.
- Deploys, drives, leads, and delivers the operational excellence programs and initiatives within ISC, occasionally could also be CI initiatives in BU’s or other functions.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and facilitates and runs execution of improvement within sites and functions.
- Serves, along with fellow OpEx Managers, as the technical expert on the use and training of Lean Six Sigma (L6S) and on the use of the Nouryon ISC processes, tools, and systems.
- Acts as a leader for the Lean Six Sigma practitioners in the region. Provides on-going coaching, support, and development to L6S practitioners.
- Offers a clear sense of direction, motivating and empowering site teams, functional teams to enable them to carry out their performance delivery responsibilities with confidence.
- Builds teamwork through engagement. Aligns team members by sharing information, tying their work and goals to the ISC and Company vision and values.
- Delivers trainings on tools and methods as needed, throughout the organization.
- Develops tools and models that will enable ISC organization to learn and continuously improve knowledge, engagement and use of operational excellence and Lean Six Sigma in daily activities.
- Assists in the development and deployment of the operational excellence program and initiatives at the manufacturing sites and helps provide visibility of the program across the organization
- Responsible for driving delivery and completion of improvement projects
- Supports execution of the ISC and Regional Asset Strategy
- Provides support and advice to define the specific scope for new projects
- Guides Lean Six Sigma practitioners to certification
- Develops and delivers training and workshops at all levels as required
- Leads complex, high-priority improvement projects, as directed by the OpEx Lead, to provide the right level of leadership on critical projects and initiatives
- Participates and/or organize strategic program meetings for Sites and Region to identify gaps and to strengthen the execution and CI/L6S programs
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree minimum. Master’s degree preferred
- Degrees related to chemical engineering, technical, supply chain, mechanical engineering or related fields are most appropriate.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and expert use in Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
- Manufacturing experience is a strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel as required, internationally and domestically; as much as 50%