Our Surface Chemistry Business Unit makes surfactants and polymers used in everything from agrochemicals to personal care and cleaning products.
Within the limits of approved policies and budgets, the Production Supervisor is responsible for and has the authority to carry out the following duties. The Production Supervisor may delegate portions of these duties to other employees or contractors but will be held accountable for the results.
- Assist in the management of all aspects of State/Federal Regulatory, Nouryon and site compliance programs including Health, Safety, Environment, and Security as well as Inventory Control, Housekeeping, etc.
- Planning and implementation of processes to create a safe work environment and effective use of the resources to achieve production goals.
- Manages area including operators, resources, and controls fixed manufacturing costs.
- Liaises with maintenance to ensure preparations are complete and equipment in a safe state to assist with maintenance goals.
- Coaching development, training, and management support to employees within the facility such that goals of the organization are achieved.
- In the event of any incident, responsible for first draft preparation of Incident Reports and entry into the incident reporting system.
- Perform the duties of Incident Commander in the event of an incident at the plant.
- Perform Safe Work Practice Audits to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that all operators use, understand, and follow all manufacturing and standard operating procedures.
- Train operators in all aspects of workplace safety.
- Ensure that operators are completing all required safety training.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings and prepare presentation material.
- Conduct weekly toolbox meetings.
- Perform daily plant area safety inspections.
- Perform daily site security and environmental audits to ensure compliance.
- Support our Behavior Based Safety (BBS) process through coaching and leading by example.
- Verify that operators perform daily checks of environmental equipment.
- Ensure maintenance work notifications are entered into SAP accurately and in a timely manner.
- Monitor and approve vacation requests insuring that adequate manpower is maintained at all times.
- Monitor and control use of overtime.
- Communicate detailed information regarding shift activities and task assignments in shift change reports.
- Conduct yearly performance reviews with each operator on shift.
- Participate in individual P&D Dialog performance program.
ISO-9001 Responsibilities and Authority:
- Implement and follow Nouryon's ISO-9001 programs, policies, and procedures outlined by the ISO Standard. Cooperate with the department to meet the requirements of ISO-9001 programs, policies, and procedures, and to ensure continued compliance through regular internal audits and team meetings.
- The Production Supervisor may be required to participate in hurricane duties as prescribed by the Houston Hurricane Plan, or at the request of the Site Director.
- 7 to 10 years working in chemical or petrochemical plant operations. Good understanding of chemical plant operations and processes.
- Supervisory or leadership experience in a high-paced manufacturing setting.
- Computer skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience in using SAP and MES is a plus.
- Preferred Associate degree in Leadership/Management capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.