Career Opportunity: International Documentation Specialist Job Req#4926
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for a International Documentation Specialist in Houston, TX.
The International Documentation Specialist will support the US International team to resolve inbound and outbound shipping document issues. The Import/Export Specialist will work with Freight Forwarders and Carriers to prevent clearance delays as well as having the opportunity to make an impact on harmonization of processes and procedures.
This position will play a critical role in the day-to-day document management including providing the business with strategic guidance on import/export valuation, country of origin assessment, and country specific document requirements.
- Work with Forwarders to resolve data and document errors to facilitate correct and timely final document delivery
- Maintain the international shipping process, ensuring compliance with Nouryon policies and procedures and ultimately ensure that the trade compliance program for the company is supported.
- Ensure that the organization has appropriate supporting documentation and consistent compliance with applicable regional regulations and record keeping requirements
- Review, correct, and approve Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, Certificates of Origin, and Letter of Credit Conditions
- Have knowledge or experience with Letters of Credit and the UCP 600
- Understand all facets for exporting container shipments to various countries, including each country's import requirement
- Review customer's purchase contracts to ensure that we can comply with the terms and conditions
- Maintain data for metrics and analytics
- Provide daily import/export operational guidance to business units and service providers, including brokers and transportation companies
- Proactively identify customs compliance gaps, escalate issues, and contribute to the process of establishing key controls
- Partner with corporate functions such as Legal, Finance, and Operations at all Nouryon sites
- Identify and execute optimum logistical processes to insure cost effective delivery of shipments
- Perform other duties assigned as needed
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience working in and establishing import/export compliance document review with international responsibilities
- Experience in working independently in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Experience managing and working with Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Possess multicultural awareness and business maturity
- Good communication and organization skills and a strong attention to detail are required
- SAP order to invoice experience strongly preferred
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus.
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status*