Purpose of the Job
Responsible for assisting the Director of Data Science in building Nouryon’s new Data Analytics Center of Excellence that will design, develop, and deliver data analytics products, such as advanced analytics, machine learning, and optimization, to all Nouryon’s business units and functions.
- Liaise with business and functional stakeholders to understand their analytical needs, define their requirements, understand input streams, and design/develop solutions to deliver desired outcomes. Exemplary analyses needed relate to productivity/sales growth, pricing/margin, engineering, research and development, demand/inventory planning, operational performance, quality management, procurement/supply chain, trade, and inclusion/diversity.
- Own the timeline, executions, and successful delivery of analytics projects.
- Partner with IT Department to coordinate data strategy, data architecture, and code development.
- Coach, develop, and mentor junior team members on data science tools and methodologies.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Operations Research, Data Science, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or data related field with a substantial statistical component and optimization required. M.S. degree or PhD preferred.
- 1+ years of progressively complex experience in data science, optimization, and/or big data analytics. Bonus: 1+ years of data science/advanced analytics consulting experience in major consulting firms.
- For machine learning track:
- Experience in algorithm design, machine learning, and optimization is required.
- Hands-on coding and model development experience with SQL and Python (Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Keras, etc) is required, with PySpark a bonus.
- Experience and knowledge in end-to-end data science/analytics solution including architecting and productionizing models is preferred.
- Experience with cloud platform particular in Azure and/or Databricks is preferred.
- For optimization track:
- Hands-on experience in mathematical programming, operations research, or optimization is required.
- Hands-on experience with optimization software is required.
- Hands-on experience with optimization solvers such as Gurobi or Cplex is required.
- Experience in network optimization is preferred.
- Experience in coding with optimizers in Python is a bonus.
- Hands-on coding and ML model development experience with SQL and Python (Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Keras, etc) is a bonus.
- Experience and knowledge in end-to-end data science/analytics solution including architecting and productionizing models is a bonus.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to define problems and ask the right questions.
- Ability to translate data into useful information, explain conclusions, and rationally justify approaches to analysis when communicating with Nouryon’s business units and functions.
- Broad understanding of core and emerging analytics methods and approaches and how they can be deployed to drive value within a rapidly growing company.
- Ability to adapt and evolve with the continually developing landscape of technical tools needed to be a successful data analyst.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Critical thinker with a high degree of attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills and experience meeting critical deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Willingness to collaborate and work with external and internal parties to meet goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nouryon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to beginning employment, subject to any accommodations made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons