This role leads a team of Process Control engineers and provides support to the 3 Nouryon Houston Area Production sites. The Process Control Team Lead is a key point of information and guidance for the Basic Process Control System (BPCS) and SIS functionality at the sites.
- Lead the team of engineers in supporting the BPCS, SIS, and data historians at the 3 Houston area plant sites.
- Ensure overall high level of system integrity by executing required system maintenance which may include software and hardware upgrades, backups, etc.
- Implement required programming and configuration changes as needed to drive the sites’ continuous improvement efforts.
- Support capital projects at the 3 sites.
- Establish the sites’ strategic plan for system lifecycle management while ensuring systems are future proof and operate with the utmost in reliability.
- Establish and maintain alarm management systems.
- Maintain sites’ SIS including accountability for SIF proof testing.
- Work effectively within the 3 site teams.
- Prioritize workload to provide timely and effective support to all 3 locations.
- Ensure 24/7 availability of the team to ensure system issues minimally impact overall plant OEE.
- Other duties and tasks as directed by site leadership.
- Overall performance of the sites’ control systems.
- OEE impact to production units caused by control system reliability.
Job Requirement / Candidate profile
- University Degree in Engineering
- At least five (5) years’ experience in general process control to include loop tuning, designing, and implementing batch and continuous control systems
- Familiarity with applicable codes, standards, and practices
- Alarm rationalization experience preferred
- Familiarity with hardware associated with control systems
- Chemical manufacturing or refining industry experience required
- Familiarity with SIS systems preferred
- Hands on experience with control systems required
- Experience with LOPA preferred but not required
- Working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot industry communication protocols including Modbus and OPC UA preferred