The position leads the plant’s Amine or Arquad area production teams and has broad responsibility for production, safety, quality, team development and costs
- Ensures Business Line, Operations and Supply Chain are fully coordinated
- Converts Business Plan to daily operations plan
- Day to day troubleshooting, keep things going operating efficiently
- Provides technical expertise in the daily operations of the unit
- Assists Operators in resolving gaps between production and the plan
- Analyzes and allocates production losses
- Ensuring high quality and customer satisfaction for products, through systemization, training and processes in the unit;
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree. Chemical Engineering preferred with a minimum of five years chemical plant experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough understanding of unit operations, process equipment, and technology
- Thorough understanding of the sales and operations planning process; production system capabilities and limitations; and knowledge of the different conversion costs associated with product mix
- SAP production accounting experience, creating, closing and production variance troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing and its applications
- Ability to listen generously and practice open advocacy
- Ability to provide people the information to perform their assigned roles by spoken word
- Ability to give encouragement, guidance and direction to others to improve performance
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemicals in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
Nouryon offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support the wellbeing of our employees and their families. This includes paid vacation time, paid holidays, sick time, heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, and a generous retirement savings plan in which the Company matches employee contributions at 100% on the first 6% of pay and makes an additional 3%+ service-based contribution.
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.