Nouryon - has an outstanding opportunity for an Environmental Manager in Morris, IL.
Key Objective of Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to assure site compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal environmental regulations. This role establishes programs to meet current and future compliance requirements. Maintains and carries out duties associated with ISO, Responsible Care© 14001 and Nouryon requirements. Consults with plant operations and maintenance personnel to maintain compliance with environmental regulations. Manages permit applications and permit maintenance.
- Serves on site Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and participates in driving strategic direction for the site for environmental and sustainability matters.
- Manages site’s environmental air programs, including NSR and Title V permitting and compliance reporting/certification.
- Support continuous improvement of the site’s Environmental Management System including developing compliance demonstrations; identifying potential regulatory non-compliances and facilitate corrective actions; prepare, review, and update environmental related procedures and plans; conduct periodic environmental audits / evaluations.
- Assures wastewater regulatory compliance requirements including the preparation of the appropriate wastewater discharge permit applications and reports.
- Manages the collection, labeling, storing, and disposal of all hazardous and non- hazardous solid waste streams.
- Manages the day-to-day operation/compliance of the wastewater and discharge facilities along with SPCC plans and coordinates the resolution of non-compliant operations.
- Advises and consults with site personnel on the appropriate handling of environmental issues. Ensures all site MOC approvals to meet Environmental Compliance requirements and changes are approved.
- Coordinates all state, federal, and local release notifications and is the primary point of contact for Environmental regulatory agencies during site inspections and audits.
- Manages submittal of various company and regulatory reports including Emissions Inventories, Toxic Release Inventories, Annual Waste Summaries, Tier II submittals, discharge reports, Sustainability reports, and others.
- Manages the existing fugitive monitoring program including the coordination of routine monitoring and any follow-up repairs. Organizes and maintains all associated fugitive monitoring records.
- Be familiar with site wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product, and record keeping procedures.
- B.S. Environmental-related, or related Engineering/Sciences.
- Experience: 7+years industrial plant environmental with additional management/leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US and state environmental laws and regulations.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to wear FRCs, steel toed boots, hard hat, and safety glasses and be able to go into a plant environment.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interact with employees at all levels of the organization (operators to senior managers) as well as maintain relationships with external government agencies.