Laboratory Technician II
Perform QC technician functions designed to direct different manufacturing units in order to make process changes by using the standard analytical methodology to quantify the quality of the products produced in the units. Analyzes test data to support production activities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine quantitative and qualitative analysis to determine the chemical and physical properties of Nouryon products and related raw materials.
- Be familiar with and utilize various chemical analytical (wet analysis) techniques and instrumental techniques (GC, HPLC, FTIR, etc).
- Perform standard procedures to calibrate instruments, standardize titrants, and make reagents/indicators.
- Record and distribute data to various areas as specified by procedure, as applicable.
- Perform non-routine analyses.
- Troubleshoots analytical instruments
- Troubleshoots GC instruments under the guidance of an instrument chemist.
- Knowledge of the general production process flow.
- Review typical analysis of products using SAP.
- Monitors chemical inventory & supplies.
- May need to consult with QC Manager on results before they are reported in MES.
- Other duties assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS degree in Chemistry or equivalent college-level education.
Strong knowledge and proficiency in using the QM module in SAP.
Strong computer knowledge especially in Excel with a strong emphasis on generating charts to show analytical trending.
Ability to work well in teams and a strong work ethic with abilities to set priorities, meet deadlines, and use time effectively to accomplish tasks.
Good verbal and written communication skills