The Production Engineer will work as a technical resource for operations to optimize plant operations while enabling safe and efficient production of quality products.
- Support all aspects of the assigned production unit(s).
- Provide oversight and direction for unit performance (as measured by the OEE and material yields).
- Develop process improvements to effectively utilize equipment, material, and resource to maximize unit profitability.
- Diagnose and document root causes of deviations in the unit and improve operating discipline.
- Earn respect and trust of the operations team through excellent problem-solving skills and technical expertise.
- Ensure compliance with plant operating permits.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by the manager.
Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand and assist with implementing the site’s Operating Policy and HSSE goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in ongoing HSSE improvement activities and committees.
- Identify and lead projects related to safety and environmental improvements.
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security, and environmental impacts in the area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Battleground Site Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to the area of responsibility.
- Participate in the site’s ongoing Pollution Prevention Process.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering and 4+ years’ experience, or Master’s degree in chemical engineering.
- Experience with design principles and project implementation.
- Process and product troubleshooting experience.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to wear steel-toed shoes and a hard hat.
.Nouryon offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support the well-being of our employees and their families. This includes paid vacation time, paid holidays, sick time, heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, and a generous retirement savings plan in which the Company matches employee contributions at 100% on the first 6% of pay and makes an additional 3%+ service-based contribution.
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemicals in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers Notice
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.