The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS, and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature-controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides.
Key Objective of Position: This position is to support organic peroxide production by overseeing all aspects of the DCS (Delta V) and PLC (Modicon) systems.
- Coordinate hardware, software, operating philosophy, documentation etc. of the computer control system in the plant.
- Develop and maintain software and hardware documentation.
- Provide technical leadership for required and desired system updates.
- Through professional training and development, maintain a technical currency with control systems engineering and applications.
- Implement control software for new processes or process modifications, as developed in process technology group.
- Working with the maintenance group, assist in developing a basic training curriculum for system troubleshooting as designed for I&E technicians.
- Manage capital projects of primarily a systems nature, as directed.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.
Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand and help implement the site’s Operating Policy, and HSSE goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees.
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to area of responsibility.
- Participate in the site’s on-going Pollution Prevention Process
Quality Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
- Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
- Be familiar with sitewide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
- Be sure employees under supervision, if applicable, are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
- Education: B.S. Engineering.
- Experience: 4+ years experience, advanced degree may substitute for some experience.
ISO 9001/RC 14001 requirements
Statistical Process Control
- Able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Abe to wear a respirator if needed.
- Must be able to work in a plant environment.
- Must be able to wear safety shoes, safety glasses and a hard hat.