Key Objective of Position:
Ability to operate, perform “basic and routine maintenance,” and troubleshoot equipment which includes the following physical activities: climbing, standing, bending, twisting and moving around stairs, ladders, platforms and various packaging and processing equipment.
Maintenance of equipment based on written documentation pertaining to the job, including documenting all maintenance and work orders using the companies' Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) program.
Experience and proficiency in trouble shooting, installation, maintenance, repair and testing of:
- Power distribution equipment, 4160V, 480V, 240V, 208V,120V,
- Note: Experience with 13.8 kV equipment - is a plus
- Power transformers, unit substations, MCC’s
- MV and LV Switchgear
- Variable Speed Dives, VFD's
- Power and lighting panel boards
- Analog and digital control loops, 24 Vdc
- PLC's and HMI screens
- Modulating control and actuated isolation valves
- Various instruments and control devices, i.e. transmitters, switches, etc.
- Use of tools, i.e. tape measure, Meggers, multi-meters and other related test equipment.
- Responsible for advanced electrical troubleshooting and repair of electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Safely and effectively operate, maintain, and troubleshoot high speed packaging and processing equipment to produce Company products
- Meet all safety expectations including wearing the required personnel protective equipment and follow all safe practices.
- Resource for Process Reliability improvement efforts as well as root cause problem solving
- Project support as needed
- Maintain and update technical documentation for equipment on lines
- Proficiency in computer controls programming logic is a plus
- Responsible for instrument calibrations
- Ability to attend and successfully complete internal/external training courses determined by the Company to maintain/build technical capabilities
- Expectation to work with attitude aligned with company values
- Ability to comply with attendance policy
Job Requirement / Candidate profile
Theoretical qualifications and practical experience and essential functions
- Minimum of 5 years of previous work experience in high speed manufacturing or industrial environment
- 5+ years of experience with electrical controls / PLC trouble shooting, programming, and repair preferred
- Demonstrated background of mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Must be able to work on a normal 5-day, 8-hour shift and also 12 hour shifts during plant shutdowns as needed. Also needs to be able to take on-call duties for at least 1 week per month. Flexibility is a plus
- Must be a self-directed worker, capable of working in a team environment to solve problems and implement solutions
- Must be able to effectively read, comprehend, interpret, record, and apply information from documents (i.e. equipment manuals, schematics, logic & wiring diagrams, specification sheets, blueprints, SOP's, policies, etc.)
9b. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Employee must be able to work in plant environments.
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Work at height
- Extremally cold environment (-20C)
- Hot environment (outside work in Texas)
- Able to lift objects up to 50 pounds frequently