Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Business Project Manager in Radnor, PA.
The Business Project Manager is responsible for the execution of Business Excellence activities within Performance Formulations. The position supports and coach’s business teams and eventual other functional teams in improving their performance.
Business Management and business operations will be the key focus area but also cross functional project are in scope. The position supports and coaches PF teams and, in some cases, other functional teams in improving their performance.
The Business Project Manager:
- is leading a set of improvement projects and drives business excellence execution.
- follows up and coach business team (e.g. sales, RDI&T, marketing, product management on performance in key areas)
- is part of the regional Business Project team (under construction) and as such co-responsible for identifying improvement gaps and project opportunities for Business Excellence projects in the regional but also globally.
- Contributes to the delivery of the regional targets.
- Supports the Business Excellence Lead in identification and prioritization of improvement opportunities for the region.
- is running business improvement projects, trains and guides on the Nouryon standard processes
- primarily works in the region but will assist in driving Business Excellence initiatives on a global basis, when required.
- operates across functional lines to drive change and improve the efficiency and effectiveness.
- must be passionate about continuous improvement, effective change agent, highly capable project team leader accomplished coach.
- should be a knowledgeable in business processes, tools and systems and a L6S content expert (L6S BB training can be provided by Nouryon).
- is a key resource for the PF organization in identifying improvement opportunities and in facilitating and running execution, achieve our strategic and specifically PF targets and in helping to build a long term excellence / continuous improvement culture.
- Lead complex, high-priority improvement projects, to provide the right level of leadership on critical projects and initiatives
- Identify improvement opportunities and facilitate and run execution of improvement within the business and adjacent functions
- Offer insight to management on new projects opportunities
- Support business excellence Manager to deploy, drive, and deliver the excellence programs and initiatives within PF occasionally also improvement initiatives with other Business or functions
- Participate and/or organize strategic program meetings for product/ business lines and Region to identify gaps and to strengthen the execution business excellence program
- Develop and deliver training and workshops at all levels as required
- Able to communicate, effectively support and promote business excellence/ L6S to people at all levels, in all environments
- This function requires significant traveling up to 50% within region
Requirements for Job:
- Master’s degree minimum, MBA preferred. Degrees related to supply chain, commercial, finance, science & related fields are most appropriate
- Proven continuous improvement and/or certified L6S Continuous Improvement Master or equivalent experience to a L6S Black Belt
- Extensive knowledge and expert use in Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- Proven leadership skills and the capability to work effectively in international teams
- Skilled and experienced in managing change programs
- Extensive experience in coaching; able to impart knowledge to others
- Passion for innovation, change and continuous improvement
- Highly analytically skilled
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize work
- Experienced project manager in process industry
- Demonstrated high performance levels and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.