Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Chemical Operator position in Salisbury, NC.
- Complies with all safety and environmental regulations for the site.
- Responsible for the proper operation of the process in which a chemical reaction takes place, regardless of whether the process is continuous or batch.
- Makes changes in instrument settings and formulas as described by the laboratory or supervisor.
- Reports safety issues or concerns to supervision as soon as they are found.
- Reports equipment deficiencies to ensure repairs can be made.
- Works with other operators assigned to their process area.
- Responsible for completing logs and records pertaining to their process.
- Performs certain analytical tests which are required for the proper function of their process.
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of their process area.
- Performs simple or minor maintenance on their equipment.
- Uses various types of tools required to perform their duties.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Participate in HSES activities directed by management/supervision.
- Contributes to the improvement of HSES processes at the Salisbury site by providing feedback and improvement opportunities.
- Aids in training of fellow employees for certifications in his/her work area.
- Team members must operate under any applicable Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) when performing functions within their role.
Required Education and Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED.
- High attention to detail required.
- Must be able to manage time, effectively.
- Be able to progress from Trainee to C, to B, to A, to Lead Operator as defined in the training.
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemicals in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
Nouryon offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support the wellbeing of our employees and their families. This includes paid vacation time, paid holidays, sick time, heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, and a generous retirement savings plan in which the Company matches employee contributions at 100% on the first 6% of pay and makes an additional 3%+ service-based contribution.
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. *