The Operator is a chemical operator who is self-directed and willing to learn and operate all expanders and packaging machines in the plant. In addition, has the ability to perform several of the secondary job functions (i.e. lab testing).
- Willing to learn and operate all expanders and packaging machines in the plant.
- Understands plant layout, main processes, product names, administrative processes, product specifications, and customer needs.
- Can perform quality control including performing lab tests, documenting accurate results and generating lots.
- Capable of logging production and quality data into the computer system.
- Ability to make process decisions and execute changes based on process data, quality checks and test results to keep products at target and within manufacturing specification to meet customer needs.
- Ability to adjust production schedule to ensure customer needs are met.
- Can troubleshoot equipment and processes and then take appropriate actions.
- Basic Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system functions (SAP) such as purchase requisition generation, work order completions, receiving of goods, shipment confirmations and other functions as needed.
- Licensed forklift operation and ability to use pallet jacks.
- Capable of basic maintenance, general preventive maintenance and housekeeping.
- Can receive and unload all raw materials.
- Can independently package and load all finished products.
- Able to assist in developing operating procedures.
- Capable of completing time sheets, utilizing the Performance & Development Dialogue (P&DD) system and willing to embrace any other system that is deployed to the plant site.
- H.S Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 0-3 years of manufacturing experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic mathematical skills with the ability to learn mathematical formulas relevant to the chemicals industry.
- Basic literacy skills including the ability to learn how to read and comprehend instructions required to perform job function, to maintain batch sheets, logbooks and other job function forms and reports, to understand and express information and ideas verbally.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft applications (i.e. Outlook, Excel, SharePoint)
- Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal skills.
- To be self-motivated and thorough with assigned work.
- Recognize and complete tasks before they are assigned.
- Be willing to develop and support company policies, procedures and initiatives
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to use a full mask respirator, half-face respirator, as well as a N95 mask.
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
Nouryon offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support the wellbeing of our employees and their families. This includes paid vacation time, paid holidays, sick time, heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, and a generous retirement savings plan in which the Company matches employee contributions at 100% on the first 6% of pay and makes an additional 3%+ service-based contribution.
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.