Are you interested in sourcing a broad scope of raw materials and running your own procurement projects with suppliers all over Europe? Are you commercially minded, analytical and looking for a next step in, or a move to Procurement? Then you might be the new Category Manager Raw Materials at Nouryon.
Category Manager Raw Materials
Location: Amsterdam or Amersfoort, the Netherlands
Your challenge as a Category Manager Raw Materials
The raw material markets are changing and evolving rapidly nowadays, which brings a lot of challenges but also exciting opportunities. Your main challenge will be to secure the best possible position for Nouryon in these markets.
In this role you will make an important contribution to the execution of the business strategy and the success of Nouryon:
• You are responsible to source a broad scope of raw materials for a number of our production locations in Europe
• You actively engage with key stakeholders from different Business Lines to gather business requirements to ensure raw material supply
• You pro-actively work on improving your raw material portfolio, in areas such as sustainability, supply security or risk mitigation
You will have the chance to work with various stakeholders across all levels of the organization. Amongst them is a mature procurement team, senior management teams and several site functions, and of course also suppliers all over Europe or in other regions.
You will be working in an international procurement team with 5 other colleagues, based in the Netherlands and Sweden. You will be reporting to the regional team lead, also based in the Netherlands.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this challenging position, you bring preferably a few years’ experience in a commercial business role (e.g. procurement, sales or planning) or a commercial analyst or project manager role. You are independent, self-starting and have demonstrated problem-solving skills in complex organizations.
You have a university degree in Science, Engineering, Business or related field and have strong analytic skills and the ability to analyze, organize and plan.
• Are pro-active and enjoy and thrive in a dynamic work environment
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner across all layers of an organization
• Are fluent in English, both verbal as well as in writing
• Are able to run projects independently
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of approximately 7,800 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
• A permanent contract
• Attractive career opportunity in procurement
• An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies
• An attractive bonus scheme
• 35 vacation days
• An excellent pension plan
• The option to participate in a collective health insurance
• Training opportunities
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as Category Manager Raw Materials?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. If you have any questions about the recruitment process you can reach out to Kevin Prins at email@example.com
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
Note: We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies