Are you interested in the Global Product Safety & Transport Safety specialist role? Do you have a strong interpersonal skill and are you able to provide solutions to problems, which may be complex in nature and related to the regulatory requirement and PS's needs? If so, then we have a challenging opportunity for you!
Our Polymer Specialties business manufactures and supplies essential ingredients and sustainable solutions for the polymer industry. These are organic peroxides, co-catalysts (metal alkyls) and other specialty additives used in the production and processing of polymers. From construction materials to power distribution cables and from plastic recycling to insulation materials, we enable our customers to meet modern society’s challenges.
Global Product Safety & Transport Safety specialist
Your challenge as a Global Product Safety & Transport Safety specialist:
Polymer Specialist is a leading business of Nouryon active in the polymer industry. It supplies specialty chemicals and processing aids to the whole polymer chain from polymer producers to compounders, processors and even to recycling of the polymer.
Its activity is mainly split in several segments:
- Initiators and co-catalysts for polymer production
- chemical intermediates for non-polymer applications (e.g. Pharma)
- cross-linking agents and additives for the rubber industry and additives for polyolefins
- curing agents, processing aids and auxiliaries for the composite market
This includes over 800 unique products almost all classified as dangerous goods.
PS is headquartered in Deventer, with regional marketing centers in Chicago, Deventer and Shanghai and has 213 employees worldwide.
- Contribute to producer’s safety meetings.
- Represent PS in transport and GHS regulatory bodies such as UN, IMO, ADR.
- Represent PS in meetings with ocean carriers regarding safety and acceptance of business line PS products.
- Advocacy for PS interests towards competent authorities, tests institutes, in CEFIC groups and global expert groups.
- Chair PS policy meeting on safety, technology, PSRA and supply chain issues.
- Gatekeeper for global transport safety manual.
- Acts as global product safety & transport safety specialist as know-how focal point and global liaison concerning product and transport safety related matters within PS.
Nouryon is a global, specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of approximately 7,800 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this position, you bring preferably at least 5 years working experience in comparable positions as process safety expert or safety consultant.
You have a Master of Science degree in relevant area or shown proficiency by experience.
Furthermore, you have/are:
- Excellent communication, diplomacy, and organization skills.
- Affinity with regulations in the field of dangerous goods.
- The ability to provide solutions to problems, which may be complex in nature and related to the regulatory requirements and PS’s needs.
- Viewed as a trusted advisor with a successful track record in building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels of a corporate and governmental organization.
- Ability to partner with others to achieve objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural ability to work with and support colleagues, ability to adapt to and work effectively with people with different styles and levels of technical knowledge.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Goal and result oriented.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset.
- Willingness to frequently travel.
This is our offer.
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces, and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right.
Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract.
- Good growth opportunities.
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies.
- An attractive bonus scheme.
- 35 vacation days.
- An excellent pension plan.
- The option to participate in a collective health insurance.
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as The Global Product Safety & Transport Specialist?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
Note: We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.