Are you interested in the Senior Scientist role? Do you have strong organizational and communication skills? Do you have passion for research and development and do you enjoy cooperating with sales, manufacturing and product teams to launch new technologies? If so, then we have a challenging opportunity for you!
Your challenge as a Senior Scientist:
The successful candidate will join the Nouryon team and be responsible for the research, development, evaluation, and customer support of chelating agents for the home and personal care segments.
- Providing solutions for technical challenges based on deep scientific knowledge of chelating agents for consumer markets.
- Conducting research and development of experimental chelants in the target home and personal care application areas.
- Demonstrating knowledge of chelant/surfactant interactions to offer formulation and/or application solutions using Nouryon’s ingredients in the target home and personal care application areas.
- Using, improving, and implementing new methodologies and tools to link test data to consumer attributes in above market areas.
- Giving input to the business and/or RD&I strategy; translating this strategy into plans and initiatives for the development of own field of expertise.
- Identifying opportunities for technical innovation and translating them to RD&I initiatives
- Delivering results for large sized and/or complex projects on time, with Project Management skills a plus.
- Supporting the manufacturing organization on production asset expansion & capability projects, and to address quality issues.
- Developing product line & IP strategy in partnership with product management and commercial teams
- Identifying and advancing new technology development projects which address unmet market needs.
- Addressing customer questions and needs related to product specifications and compositions.
Nouryon is a global, specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of approximately 7,800 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this position, you bring preferably at least 10/15 years of experience in chemical environment. Lead competitive benchmarking and leverage assessments to capitalize on growth opportunities and/or address technology limitations. You have a master’s degree or PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field.
Furthermore, you have/are:
- Excellent business and technical communication.
- A team player.
- Problem solving.
- Functional excellence in the development and application of chelates for home & personal care markets.
- Travel: Ability to frequently travel in EMEIA; possible US or Asia
- Drive for results.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces, and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right.
Our employment package comprises of:
• A competitive salary.
• A permanent contract.
• An attractive bonus scheme.
• 30 vacation days.
• An excellent pension plan.
• The option to participate in a collective health insurance.
• Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become the first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career as a Senior Scientist?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions?
Please contact recruiter Patrycja Szczawinska on email@example.com.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.