Are you an HSE Manager who can act as a “champion for change” and someone who can work patiently to help people learn tasks and concepts? Please do not hesitate to apply for this challenging vacancy.
We are a global specialty chemicals leader and supply industries worldwide with essential chemicals for the manufacture of products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, as well as cleaning and personal care items. Over the course of our nearly 400 years of existence, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term customer partnerships, and earned a place among the best-performing companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability. Nouryon operates in over 80 countries around the world
Nouryon in Herkenbosch
At the Nouryon location in Herkenbosch where we have around 140 people working we produce Chelates and micronutrients on a continuous schedule. This forms the basis of more than 100 products that are used in industrial and household cleaning, agriculture, personal care, and food preservation. As with all our locations, safety is a number 1 priority.
Your challenge as HSE Manager
The main purpose of the role is to manage the safety and security programs on the Herkenbosch site to be compliant with all corporate standards and guidelines for country and European regulations (REACH and Seveso). You will guide site management to develop and ensure implementation of safety and security policies, year plan, and (best) practices in line with corporate objectives, guidelines, (business) plans, and strategy, in order to ensure the realization of (strategic) objectives of the site. There are multiple plant Safety Management Systems that provide policies and procedures for the employees that you will manage. Your key activities in this role are:
- Act as a change agent for the safety culture and continuous improvement and role model for ensuring compliance with safety and security policies and procedures along with the site management;
- serve as a liaison for external and internal audits, inspections, and agencies;
- review accident reports to identify patterns of injury and to determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the accident and advise on proper safety procedures for the departments to follow;
- manage plant security, guidelines, and regulations;
- be aware of potential environmental, health, safety, and security impacts in the area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs;
- participate in the site's HSE&S processes and training activities (BBS, PSM);
- Understand and implement any part of the Environmental Compliance Plan, Waste Management Plan, and Emergency Response Plan that applies to the area of responsibility.
- initiate/facilitates incident investigations and incident learning activities;
- set-up and execute HSE&S policies, strategies, and improvement plans;
- Coordinate HSE&S permit applications.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this challenging position, you have at least 3 years of experience as an HSE Manager or similar role, be willing to travel 5% of the working hours, and bring good influencing skills to internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, you have/are
- A bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience;
- at least three years of project management experience;
- thorough knowledge of chemical plant operations;
- extensive knowledge of regulations, Process Safety Management, and emergency response;
- experience with reporting and presenting to different groups;
- good language skills, written and spoken in Dutch and English
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces, and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership, and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- a permanent contract with a probationary period of 2 months;
- a gross basic annual salary including holiday allowance based on your knowledge and experience between EUR 59,500 and EUR 91,200;
- 25 vacation days + 10 leave days;
- an end-of-year bonus;
- excellent pension scheme;
- plenty of growth opportunities.
To further develop you, we offer the possibility of following education and training.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as HSE Manager?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job-specific cover letter. If you have any questions about the recruitment process you can reach out to Kevin Prins via firstname.lastname@example.org.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
Note: We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies, or manning companies