This position offers you great possibilities for individual development, interesting projects to work with and a lot of variation. As a SEA Logistics Lead, you will contribute to our growth and work with highly skilled colleagues in an international environment. Are you the person we are looking for? Come join us!
As a SEA Logistics Lead, you are required to pro-actively manage the import and export activities within Nouryon SEA and in close cooperation with the internal stakeholders while staying well-aligned with the corporate requirements. You will also act as the people manager of the IMPEX employees.
- Lead the team and logistics service providers to operate on daily import & export operations, deal with the difficulties to support team logistics objectives and at the most optimal cost and customer service level in compliance way
- Import & export cost management, minimize extra surcharge, find cost saving opportunities and implementation.
- Lead to continuously process optimization and improvement, implementation to ensure effective processes and controls are in place
- Manage forwarders/brokers/carriers’ daily operations, performance KPIs, and monthly review with forwarders to improve performance.
- Working with Trade compliance team to work with SEA customs and related authorities together to make sure all companies regulation and authorities’ regulation have been followed and executed.
- Maintain and monitor KPIs, generate monthly report, including data analysis, improvement actions.
- Proactive align with stakeholders for operational needs, information exchange and organize regular review meeting with stakeholders to share update on performance, initiatives, challenges.
- Work with cross functional teams to be involved in transformation projects, digital system implementation and other regional/global projects.
- Act as an effective leader of the IMPEX team, build strong relationships and team, commit to the growth of individuals on team, and lead by example
- Develop team members and organize trainings sessions for domain expertise.
- Lead and model Nouryon Values to include driving code of conduct compliance
- Bachelor ’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics or other relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in logistics / supply chain with at least 2 years’ experience managing teams. Experience with chemical companies is preferred
- Experienced Import and export professionalism with broad understanding of import and export knowledge in chemicals industry
- Expertise and knowledge of Logistics in general and import and export
- Strategic thinking with strong analytical skills, ability to develop and execute operational goals
- Ability to assess underlying business impact of a specific course of action and business / process change
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and quickly develop a solution
- Understanding of business processes, financial planning, and business in general
- Operational excellence, experience of Lean 6 Sigma is preferred
- Strong working knowledge and history of using computers and programs specific to logistics (SAP, TMS, WMS) and to general business management (MS Excel, Word)