The PQC manager is a key member of the site leadership team reporting to the site director. Their responsibility area includes the Lab, process engineering group and PSM for the site.
- Manage the laboratory. Provide support for the onsite quality process and provide the action necessary to maintain and improve laboratory capability and product quality.
- Manage the process engineering group. Provide technical/process support for the manufacturing processes to improve yields and minimize downtime using sound engineering principles.
- Responsible for training and development of engineers and lab technicians.
- Owns the site PHA process, maintaining schedule, records and owner of improvement actions resulting from these. Principle contact for process engineering related building block in OSHA 14 elements of process safety and Nouryon 21 building blocks
- Participate and adhere to all applicable government regulations regarding process safety and environmental compliance responsibilities for the site. Nouryon LeMoyne is an OSHA PSM covered site.
- Power user of the Enablon system where compliance and continuous improvement activities are tracked.
- Develop departmental budget and control costs to meet budget. Responsible for monitoring and controlling of direct and indirect costs.
- Responsible for leadership and successful implementation of HSE&S programs, including compliance with environmental permits, and HSE&S improvement projects.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to area of responsibility.
- Participate in the site’s on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
- Understand and assist with upkeep of process safety information as required by role.
- Management Representative for ISO 9001 quality systems. Drive implementation of the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
- Be familiar with site-wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
- Be sure employees under supervision are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
- Manage the continuous improvement program at the site including training, coaching, leading/coordinating shop-floor analysis, action planning, tracking and implementation.
- Champion the DMAIC process and Lean standards for team members and site as a whole.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical)
- Minimum of four (4) years of chemical manufacturing experience, previous leadership experience beneficial (5-7 years is the sweet spot, 2 years leadership)
- PHA qualification and PSM experience required
- Six Sigma Certification would be an asset
- Travel: up to 10%