The successful candidate will join the Nouryon team and be responsible for the formulation, development, and evaluation of Nouryon’s essential ingredients for the home & personal care segments. This will include developments for various sub-segments, such as laundry cleaners, dishwashing applications, hard surface cleaners, skin care emulsions, sunscreens, personal cleansing systems, and hair styling products.
- Knowledge in basic ingredients (surfactants, chelating agents, polymers) for home care & personal care products
- Basic formulation knowledge in the home & personal care segment areas
- Testing & evaluation of novel surfactants, chelating agents, and polymers in home & personal care applications
- Use, improve, and implement new methodologies and tools to link test data to consumer attributes in above market areas
- Delivering results for small to large sized and/or complex projects on time, with Project Management skills a plus
- The applicant should have good multi-tasking, organizational, and communication skills (written and presentation). The successful candidate will interface internally with the marketing, technical service, and manufacturing groups, and externally with customers to fulfill product needs within targeted home & personal care markets.
• BS or MS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field
• Must want to perform hands-on laboratory bench work
• Up to five years of experience in home care and/or personal care product formulation & evaluation
o Experience in surfactants and polymer knowledge is preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively within the technical and business networks
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English
• 5-10% travel required