This description must include any essential functions of the position, which are fundamental duties of the position. Whether a function is essential to the position depends on many factors, including, for example: 1) the reason the position exists is to perform that function; 2) the number of other employees available to perform the function or among whom the performance of the function can be shared; 3) whether the function is highly specialized so that the individual is hired for their expertise or ability to perform the function.
Ensure Regional product compliance
- Support and maintain chemical regulatory compliance in Canada and USA by managing internal and external customer requests.
- Support or lead regulatory reporting requirements under US EPA TSCA and CEPA.
- Support other colleagues across global teams to meet local regulatory compliance requirements.
- Track regulatory changes, conduct impact analyses, and propose compliance strategies.
- Manage substance/product registration and compliance for new product development activities, including country-specific substance notifications.
- Engagement and resolution of internal business and external customer enquiries.
- Support business goals by proactively providing regulatory advice and information to the business.
Proactive monitoring of Chemical Regulation developments/trends
- Monitor and interpret (existing and developing) chemical regulations and assess impact on business to provide advice in a proactive and timely manner and facilitate substance registrations.
- Represent Nouryon at industry associations and consortia’s technical committees.
- Proactively monitor relevant regulatory developments/trends and communicate their implications and evaluate business impact for Nouryon businesses.
Ensure Substance Registration
- Responsible for coordinating or leading registration / notification processes at a regional level in a timely and cost-efficient way.
Provide strategic customer support
- Support business by responding to strategic customer’s enquires related to regulatory information (not already provided in SDS/PRID/other statements).
- Develop and maintain regulatory statements.
Provide R&D support
- Responsible for performing regulatory reviews and providing regulatory documentation to support R&D projects and business needs.
- Regulatory advice for the development and launch of new offerings into applicable regional markets.
- Prepare all necessary PSRA information/documentation for the launch of a new or changed product or import of new product to the region and sign off in Material Lifecycle Management process.
- Lead or participate in projects within the PSRA area, like global launching of new product.
- Responsible for following the Nouryon Business Principles and Code of Conduct with an obligation to report deviations in legal compliance to responsible manager.
- Strives to identify improvements and implement them.
- Responsible for (initiating and) setting up harmonized processes within own area of responsibility in Nouryon concerning business processes and change management
- Obligation to maintain / archive product data, documents, decisions and assessments in accordance with legislation and other internal requirements
- Develop a strong working relationship with business.
- Develop a strong working relationship with global team members, driving success with personal development, and strong understanding of how to win together.