The position reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for process development and improvement for the Chattanooga Site. Provide technical support for new and existing processes. Provide daily troubleshooting related to any process upsets. Participation in the site’s Continuous Improvement Program is a key responsibility. Additional responsibilities include participation in the following: Quality process, Corrective and Prevention Action Team, BBS Process /Barrier removal Team, HSES and PSM programs, CAPEX, and Training. Lead capital project assignments, which require process engineering and chemistry experience. Additional miscellaneous project work will be assigned, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process Development/Improvement – Provide technical support of new and existing processes and investigation and problem solving related to raw materials, finished goods and processes, equipment, and training. Implement technology transfers from R&T to Mfg, including:
Formula & Procedures
Process Safety Mgmt (PSM) information
Technology transfer to Local Toll manufacturers.
Intercompany Technology transfer and engineering support.
- Diagnose and document root causes of deviations in the process and improve operating discipline
- Asset Utilization Management – drive OEE improvements through management of site’s OAM portal. Improve efficiencies through utilization of manpower, equipment, storage space, raw materials, finished goods, and containers.
- Initiate and complete projects focused on increased throughput, cycle-time reductions, quality, and productivity improvements.
- Support and participate in ongoing HSES improvement activities and committees.
- Training – Participate as a team member to provide and coordinate training, as required, to various personnel and workgroups across the site.
- Participate in internal and external audits, as required.
- Participate as a team member on various Health, Safety, Environmental, & Security projects/audits.
- Participate as a team member on new technical projects, custom toll projects, and new business opportunities.
- Maintain site’s Process Safety Information program and documentation
- B.S. Chemical Engineering or related engineering degree
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in engineering support, production processes, and project work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Experience DeltaV process control system a plus
- Experience in Six Sigma Tools
- Experience with Behavior Based Safety processes a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
SAP, Microsoft Office, Delta V, Six Sigma Tools, LEAN Mgmt
Employee must be able to work in plant, office, and laboratory environments.
Travel as required.
Plant, Whse, Office, Laboratory
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
*Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.