Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Process Engineer in Columbus, MS.
- Responsible for ensuring safety, environmental, and housekeeping standards are met.
- Responsible for compliance with all operating procedures, safety policies and procedures, environmental policies and procedures, quality policies and procedures, and site policies and procedures.
- Participate in all plant safety processes and compliance with Life Saving Rules.
- Provide the process input for Process Hazard Reviews and other HSES studies as needed.
- Track and report key performance indicators for the process.
- Drive reliability performance using the most appropriate and effective tools and techniques.
- Manage continuous improvement programs, historical trends, and KPI data for early identification and resolution of reliability issues.
- Provide troubleshooting support to operating units, in order to eliminate trips, maximize uptime, run rates.
- Lead and coach others in Root Cause Analysis problem-solving efforts.
- Work with the Production Supervisor on follow-up of operational routines.
- Identify and promote skills training for departmental personnel.
- Participate in all incident investigations as required and report all incidents within the plant’s required time frame.
- Support and lead other Engineering Projects as assigned.
- Provide process input to the Engineering group for equipment design, specification, and purchase.
- Develop and implement departmental procedures that either need to be improved to further support site programs or need to be created.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements for Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience desired in chemical process plants.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with SAP-PM (Preventative Maintenance module)
- Proficient in performing Root Cause and Problem Solving.
- Proficient in analyzing data and trends.
- Must be able to manage time effectively.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma