Key Objective of the Position:
The purpose of the I&E Tech is to help maintain the operation of the plant and make repairs needed to keep the plant running in a safe manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring safety, environmental and housekeeping standards are met.
- Responsible for compliance with all operating procedures, safety policies and procedures, environmental policies and procedures, quality policies and procedures, and site policies and procedures.
- Correct and report all unsafe acts and conditions to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Accurately document and file documentation of instruments and of the PM’s performed.
- Able to read and understand process documentation (e.g. loop sheets, P&IDs, etc.)
- Have the basic understanding of the function of rotating equipment such as pumps, motors, blowers, etc.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair electrical and process control systems such as motor control circuits, substation breaker control circuits, power distribution circuits, and instrument and control devices
- Able to install conduit, conductor and connect equipment with average supervision
- Able to identify and repair simple electrical faults (Blown Fuses, Burned out Leads)
- Ability to work on and troubleshoot 24VDC instrumentation systems in the field
- Familiar with AC and DC circuits and their differences and uses within the plant
- Able to troubleshoot, repair and replace automatic control equipment and indicating equipment such as control valves, dp cells, mag meters, etc.
- Ensure that cleanliness of plant is well maintained.
- Able to read and understand common indicators such as pressure gauges, flow meters, temperature gauges, volt/amp meters, etc.
- Know the location of main motor and equipment control centers and tag-out/lockout procedures
- Able to operate common shop tools such as drills, saws, grinders, and small hand tools.
- Ability to work on Electrical Power Systems - 600VAC and below
- Ability to perform work on Control voltage, high voltage, and low voltage (15kV and below)
- Troubleshoot, install, repair, and make connection of electrical equipment such as rectifier, transformers, substation equipment, high and low voltage switchgear, UPS system and variable speed drives.
- Trouble shoot, calibrate, repair, connect, and install process controls such as instrument loops, rectifier load controls, boiler controls, and chiller controls/refrigeration systems.
- Perform routine and minor troubleshooting of power management systems, this includes the substation filters
- Be proficient in use of all electrical PM equipment. This includes tools for measuring vibration, calibrating pH probes, conductivity calibrations, laser alignment, etc.
- Safely operate transportation machinery relevant to job assignment such as forklift, rail mover (locomotive), etc.
Education: Associates or equivalent from two-year College or Technical School
Experience: 3 years or more related experience and/or training
Competencies: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Skills: Adjust and calibrate process instrumentation