The Maintenance Manager is accountable for the day-to-day maintenance operations, reliability engineering, as well as its strategic side. It is part of site leadership team (SLT) and is primarily responsible for assuring the timely and correct upkeep of all of site’s assets, in line with local regulations and corporate guidelines.
- Direct supervisor maintenance supervisor(s) and reliability engineers/specialists.
- Hire and train new employees for those areas
- Responsible for ensuring safety, environmental and housekeeping standards are met.
- Responsible for compliance with all operating procedures, safety policies and procedures, environmental policies and procedures, quality policies and procedures, and site policies and procedures.
- Provide competent technical services, act independently in the straight-forward application of technical expertise.
- Assure work order has approval and authority
- Supervise scheduling of maintenance labor and material with open or incomplete work orders and coordinate with production
- Supervise planning, scheduling and coordination of planned shutdowns.
- Tracks backlog by Schedule
- Prepares reports and working documents for Plant Management.
- Preparation of estimates including determination of appropriate technical schemes to meet the assigned objectives. Preparation of well-written technically sound proposals and documentation.
- Manage start-up of projects of moderate size, including scheduling, manpower assignments, obtaining required services or materials, and customer acceptance. Start-up responsibilities include equipment checkout, manual preparation, training, and demonstration of process performance
- Provide input and participate in root cause analysis.
- Works with and maintains Management Systems relative to work orders, equipment histories, drawing files and equipment data.
- Manage contractors involved in Maintenance Work Orders
- Facilitate maintenance activities with production
- Other duties as required.
- Engineering degree in a technical area or ten (10) years of maintenance management experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience managing teams
- skilled in MS Office
- Experience with SAP-PM