Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for an Account Manager. This is a remote position but does require travel. This role aims to ensure that a profitable business is maintained and developed with defined key accounts.
- Create a strategy and develop, manage, and ensure sales realization for the assigned key accounts.
- Fully understand the key accounts current & future needs & act upon customers strategy & tactics
- Work closely with Global Marketing to create and own the Customer Value Proposition at key accounts.
- Keep an overall perspective of interactions and communications between the key accounts and Nouryon.
- Identify, prioritize, and deliver growth opportunities for Expancel.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders at the customer and create a multi-level sales approach with the customer organizations.
- Create a strong network within Expancel & Nouryon regarding these key accounts.
- Serve as lead contracts negotiator on commercial terms.
- Negotiate Pricing within a framework set out according to the business unit authorization schedule.
- Manage supply agreements, confidentiality & joint development agreements.
- Keep management informed of all key activities at the key accounts through effective internal communication.
- Provide accurate 24-month rolling sales forecast for each key account.
- Increase volume and profitability for assigned accounts.
- Deliver on the short- and long-term objectives.
- Deliver sales according to budget.
- Direct contact with customers in the field, representing Nouryon positively and professionally.
- Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by periodic and ad hoc reports and/or analyses; and assume other duties from time to time as management directs.
- Bachelor’s degree required- preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field. A master’s degree is a strong plus.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of sales experience in B2B Specialty Chemical Sales or relevant experience. Strong knowledge of packaging, automotive, adhesives/sealants, or construction/building materials markets is a plus but not required.
- Experience in managing and developing complex accounts.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop and present relevant material to internal and external audiences.
- Strong knowledge of CRM, SAP, and MS Office required.
- Ability to deploy sales tracking tools.
- Ability to travel >50% of the time.