The Production Operator, under General Supervision, will perform duties associated with the production of chemicals and other products to meet quality specifications and customer demands.
- Must be committed to perform any assigned task safely and operate any equipment within the approved guidelines of SH&E, quality, and production requirements.
- Support Quality Control team for internal review and auditing requirements
- Ensure maintenance work notifications are entered in MES accurately and in a timely manner
- Must be able to perform basic quality control analysis as required.
- Possess basic maintenance skills including trouble shooting equipment and permit systems. Possess ability to make minor adjustments/repairs to the unit.
- Handle all hazardous chemicals and wastes in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and train others in the area of assignment.
- Understand how to read and interpret Process and Instrumentation Diagrams, process description, and process control.
- High School Diploma
- 2 years minimum operator experience in a chemical manufacturing plant environment preferred
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office
- General physical requirements involve the ability to ascend/descend stairs, tanks, railcars, tank trucks, and ladders, lift 55-pound bags, move 55-gallon drums, turn valves, reach overhead, kneeling and bending.
- Must be able to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment including, but not limited to, hardhats, safety glasses, goggles, shields, aprons, earplugs, and safety shoes.
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Fit Test and don a respirator in all applicable operations.
- Work 12 hour shifts plus additional time due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Working in extreme weather circumstances (rain, heat, cold).