QC Engineer to assist with lab operations, support lab efforts in analytical testing, troubleshooting, and lead root cause problem solving with test results/ product deviations. Interface with colleagues in other laboratories across the company to support daily lab activities, transferring new tests/ methods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct routine and nonroutine analytical procedures requiring sophisticated instrumentation including GC, TMA, Particle size analyzers.
- Implement new test methods from sister site in support of manufacturing methods
- Coordinate nonstandard/routine analytical tasks with laboratory personnel.
- Coordinate/perform instrumentation calibrations
- Advanced troubleshooting of GC and other sensitive equipment
- Training of lab personnel on use of instrumentation and new methods
- Ability to cover shifts for laboratory personnel.
- Lead Root Cause Problem Solving and technical service support for customer samples
- Other duties and assignment as directed by supervisor/manager
- Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and follow safety instructions. PPE to include steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses. If needed, must be able to wear full face respirator.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent field
- Strong Analytical and Troubleshooting Skills
- Good organizational, communication and computer skills
- Good Computer skills
- Model advanced analytical processes
- GC experience with troubleshooting
- Ability to work in database system.