Operator Trainee is an operator who is self-directed and willing to learn and operate all expanders and packaging machines in the plant. They have the ability to also perform several of the secondary job functions (i.e. lab testing).
- Willing to learn and operate all expanders and packaging machines in the plant.
- Understands plant layout, main processes, product names, administrative processes, product specifications, and customer needs.
- Can perform quality control including performing lab tests, documenting accurate results and generating lots.
- Capable of logging production and quality data into the computer system.
- Ability to make process decisions and execute changes based on process data, quality checks and test results to keep products at target and within manufacturing specification to meet customer needs.
- Ability to adjust production schedule to ensure customer needs are met.
- Can troubleshoot equipment and processes and then take appropriate actions.
- Basic Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system functions (SAP) such as purchase requisition generation, work order completions, receiving of goods, shipment confirmations and other functions as needed.
- Licensed forklift operation and ability to use pallet jacks.
- Capable of basic maintenance, general preventive maintenance and housekeeping.
- Can receive and unload all raw materials.
- Can independently package and load all finished products.
- Able to assist in developing operating procedures.
- Capable of completing time sheets, utilizing the Performance & Development Dialogue (P&DD) system and willing to embrace any other system that is deployed to the plant site.
- Education- H.S Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 0-3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft applications (i.e. Outlook, Excel, SharePoint)
- Basic mathematical skills including the ability to interpret tanker calibration charts, convert of weight measurements, calculate product formulations, adjust product percent solids, etc.
- Basic literacy skills including the ability to read and comprehend instructions required to perform job function, to maintain batch sheets, logbooks and other job function forms and reports, to understand and express information and ideas verbally.
- Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal skills.
- To be self-motivated and thorough with assigned work.
- Recognize and complete tasks before they are assigned.
- Be a reliable and committed employee with a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
- Be willing to develop and support company policies, procedures and initiatives
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to use a full mask respirator, half-face respirator, as well as a N95 mask.